Sprint

Sky616

Anyone have any recent experience with using Sprint on the islands? We are on Adventure and will be leaving from San Juan and going to St. Croix, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, Martinique and Barbados.

I used Sprint with my iPhone 6 from St. Kitts last year. It worked fine.

You've sailed in the past already so you probably already know this, but for others reading this thread, if you want to use your phone in a foreign country, you need to contact your carrier and get international roaming enabled. It's disabled by default, which would prevent you from using your cell phone at a Caribbean island.

Even though I generally leave my phone in airplane mode, I take it with me for emergency needs. For that reason, I have the international service enabled on my phone so I can use it if I need to.

I'm sorry, but I didn't try using it in St. Maarten/St. Martin. I've only used the Sprint phone I had internationally in St. Kitts.

Note, however, that you said "international calling". That may be different from "international roaming". The former allows you to make international calls from here in the US, while the latter allows you to make calls from foreign locations.

Edited by Daghis

Go to the sprint website and read which islands it works on. We used it in St Thomas with no problems. Also Canada. But for some reason, it wouldn't work in Mexico. We called all technical people and even went to the store. Not a phone issue. They finally decided it was a Mexico issue and we should try it again next time. (Not very reassuring.) Each country is different and it changes sometimes. Go look at the website to be sure. Also, I forgot to turn off one of my buttons and was charged a huge amount because my phone hooked to the ship for a FEW MINUTES! Sprint adjusted the charges, but please make sure you know what you are doing with your phone.

Good luck.:D