Newbie to cruise has cost q

mommyofone

Hi

I have been trying to go through the forums for a few days now and have barely managed to gather the information I am looking for. Sorry if this question has been asked several times.

Have decided to get balcony room after browsing through forums.

Also have narrowed down to Norwegian jewel, westerdam, princess cruise.

Also round trip cruise from Seattle.

Have some questions so I have an idea before getting a travel agent.

1) Cost of round trip Alaska cruise in room with balcony from Seattle with glacier bay on itinerary -looking online seems around -3500-4000 for two including taxes. Cost seems to be same if done this year or for next year .

Time is may-July. Is that correct or are there cheaper fares?

Thanks

Hi

I have been trying to go through the forums for a few days now and have barely managed to gather the information I am looking for. Sorry if this question has been asked several times.

Have decided to get balcony room after browsing through forums.

Also have narrowed down to Norwegian jewel, westerdam, princess cruise.

Also round trip cruise from Seattle.

Have some questions so I have an idea before getting a travel agent.

1) Cost of round trip Alaska cruise in room with balcony from Seattle with glacier bay on itinerary -looking online seems around -3500-4000 for two including taxes. Cost seems to be same if done this year or for next year .

Thanks

Yes, the fares are going to be about that.

You want the Norwegian Pearl not the Norwegian Jewel if you want Glacier Bay. The Jewel sails the Sawyer Glacier itinerary.

Compare onboard credit and free promotions among ships and then look at what extra's you can get from different TA's.

Consider Warehouse clubs (if a member) and online agents in your search, because they can often lead to better deals. Pick you ship and date, then shop the TA's.

HTH

Congrats on Alaska cruise shopping :) Shopping around is a good idea, although for Alaska the prices usually don't drop alot. I have found at least with Westerdam you can save a little going in early May or late September. I would highly recommend a balcony for Alaska, there is so much to see.

Happy travels!

July offers warmer temperatures in Alaska and Seattle. Thus is a more popular time with higher prices. May temperatures will be cooler for Alaskan ports and more rain likelihood in Seattle.

A little tip.... I've seen HAL and Princess announce discounts in June for July if the current season does not sell well.

Edited by xlxo

July offers warmer temperatures in Alaska and Seattle. Thus is a more popular time with higher prices. May temperatures will be cooler for Alaskan ports and more rain likelihood in Seattle.

A little tip.... I've seen HAL and Princess announce discounts in June for July if the current season does not sell well.

Always hard to tell what the weather will be, I've had 70-80 temps in port on May Alaska cruises..... and in all my May departures from Seattle, haven't had rain yet :) That being said, it will probably pour on us this year...haha