Celebrity Balcony

stleda124

What type of cabin? Are you referring to the Celebrity Suite?

It's a sunset veranda. I have two rooms next to each other that we are going to open up but we need one more chair/lounger.

Will they bring one?

I suggest you best ask X.

SUre why not and it's not there. why I said Ask X not us.

Yes I could. But then what would be the point of cruise critic. [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There will be three of us in the room. Will they bring a third lounger for us?

I have no idea on Celebrity but on MSC we had a sunset balcony and it took a bit of convincing with our cabin steward ($10) and he said they 'weren't supposed to' but an extra chair appeared. :D

I'm sure you can make this work.

Lounger or chair?

We were on the Infinity 3 years ago...had a Sunset Veranda with 2 chairs and 2 loungers. If you ask and they have it, I am sure they will do what they can to help. But with the open deck, you should have 4 chairs and 4 loungers. Enjoy that cabin.

It's a sunset veranda. I have two rooms next to each other that we are going to open up but we need one more chair/lounger.

Will they bring one?

Assume you mean 'open up' the balcony. I am under the impression that you cannot remove (or move) the partitions between balconies on M-class ships.

There will be three of us in the room. Will they bring a third lounger for us?

A shame, maybe, that you need to be VERY specific, but why mock? My answer is ask and tip. I'd expect good results. Enjoy your cruise.

Kip

We were on the Infinity 3 years ago...had a Sunset Veranda with 2 chairs and 2 loungers. If you ask and they have it, I am sure they will do what they can to help. But with the open deck, you should have 4 chairs and 4 loungers. Enjoy that cabin.

And the original poster has not specified which ship the group is sailing...

On the Millennium Class ships [Constellation, Infinity, Millennium and Summit], the balconies associated with the aft cabins [Concierge Class 1 staterooms on Decks 7, 8 and 9] are huge and--at least in the past [i haven't sailed in one of those cabins in several years and don't know if it's still true following one/two dry docks]--they were equipped with extra outdoor furnishings... That said, the balcony partitions on the Millennium Class ships cannot be opened [though it may be different for the AquaClass cabins added on Deck 11]--as the original poster hopes to do--between adjacent staterooms...

On the Solstice Class ships [Eclipse, Equinox, Reflection, Silhouette and Solstice], the non-suite aft cabins are classified as Concierge Class 1, Sunset Verandah, or in a very few cases on Solstice only, AquaClass staterooms... The balconies associated with these are standard size but the partitions between adjacent cabins on Solstice class ships can generally be opened by one's Stateroom Attendant... Standard furnishings include two high back outdoor chairs which may or may not have a slight tilt at the back [they are not full body/fully reclining loungers]... For Concierge Class and AquaClass cabins--aft or otherwise--two [separate] foot rests are also supplied; standard verandah cabins [not AquaClass; not Concierge Class]--including the SV cabins--are not equipped with foot rests...

Requests for additional verandah furniture may/may not be accommodated; the matter is not necessarily at the discretion of the Stateroom Attendant alone [ie; the policies of the Housekeeping Director--who does spot check rooms and who reports to the Hotel Director--may also be in play]... I have, on occasion, seen guests augment outdoor seating by using the room's desk chair...

Fact is, we cannot answer the original poster's inquiry with certainty here as we don't know which ship the group is sailing and we can't predict response to requests for additional outdoor seating if needed...

I suggest you best ask X.

SUre why not and it's not there. why I said Ask X not us.

And the original poster has not specified which ship the group is sailing...

On the Millennium Class ships [Constellation, Infinity, Millennium and Summit], the balconies associated with the aft cabins [Concierge Class 1 staterooms on Decks 7, 8 and 9] are huge and--at least in the past [i haven't sailed in one of those cabins in several years and don't know if it's still true following one/two dry docks]--they were equipped with extra outdoor furnishings... That said, the balcony partitions on the Millennium Class ships cannot be opened [though it may be different for the AquaClass cabins added on Deck 11]--as the original poster hopes to do--between adjacent staterooms...

On the Solstice Class ships [Eclipse, Equinox, Reflection, Silhouette and Solstice], the non-suite aft cabins are classified as Concierge Class 1, Sunset Verandah, or in a very few cases on Solstice only, AquaClass staterooms... The balconies associated with these are standard size but the partitions between adjacent cabins on Solstice class ships can generally be opened by one's Stateroom Attendant... Standard furnishings include two high back outdoor chairs which may or may not have a slight tilt at the back [they are not full body/fully reclining loungers]... For Concierge Class and AquaClass cabins--aft or otherwise--two [separate] foot rests are also supplied; standard verandah cabins [not AquaClass; not Concierge Class]--including the SV cabins--are not equipped with foot rests...

Requests for additional verandah furniture may/may not be accommodated; the matter is not necessarily at the discretion of the Stateroom Attendant alone [ie; the policies of the Housekeeping Director--who does spot check rooms and who reports to the Hotel Director--may also be in play]... I have, on occasion, seen guests augment outdoor seating by using the room's desk chair...

Fact is, we cannot answer the original poster's inquiry with certainty here as we don't know which ship the group is sailing and we can't predict response to requests for additional outdoor seating if needed...

And that's why you ask here. You'd never get an answer like that from X. Well done, Xport!

And that's why you ask here. You'd never get an answer like that from X. Well done, Xport!

Yes! Thank you.

And I probably should have included more info. We are going to be on Celebrity Reflection. Sunset Veranda. 7366, 7319.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Please be aware that the entire partition between the two balconies cannot be removed. Your cabin steward (with the consent of the parties in the other cabin) can fold back and secure part of the partition.

As for an extra chair, I would ask your stateroom attendant nicely and provide a good tip. If it's possible, he/she will make it happen.