Booking a cruise with unborn baby

Keep in mind, that the minimum age for infants is 6 months as of the date of the sailing and 12 months for transatlantic, transpacific, Hawaii, select South American, other selected cruises and any cruise that has 3 or more days consecutive at sea

Correct you are....That's our problem for an extended family cruise we booked in June 2015 for March 2017 our grandchild will be short by approx. 8 days for that policy....Oh well next cruise.

This is the reason you use a TA. You can let them worry about it. We have booked TBD for unborn granddaughter and then a call to the TA gets it added. No fuss no muss.

I think Disney might have a less restrictive age limit than six months. We had to cancel a cruise due to another granddaughter being less than six months and I looked at Disney. I think they might be three months.

We ended up doing club med instead as the cost was outrageous.

Keep in mind you might have to get a passport. I had to for the club med trip and I only had seven weeks from DOB to travel. Big hang up was the county recorder couldn't promise me one until six weeks after birth. I ended up going to the county health department at ten days after DOB and then using an expediter service. In California the certificate goes to the county health before it goes to the recorder.

We laugh now looking at the photo which is good for another three years and looks like any week old baby.

I think Disney might have a less restrictive age limit than six months.

No, they don't. From the website:

"Your child needs to be at least 6 months of age on the day of sailing for most itineraries. The minimum age for Transatlantic, Hawaii, and Panama Canal itineraries is 1 year of age on the day of sailing."

• 1 month later...
You're a month out and don't have a name picked yet. :eek:

I'm sure she has a name by now, though. Hard to believe that just six weeks ago, she was a month from being born and didn't even have a name yet. Now she'll be 7 months old this summer. Time flies!

We recently had this same scenario. Last May, we cruised while I was expecting, and we wanted to take advantage of the onboard booking for a future cruise. We asked about this to a few folks, and received a variety of answers, from you can book as "TBD" or add the 4th person later. I tried booking "TBD" online, and I could not, as it required some information to be filled out. I did not desire to put fake information in online.

We ended up booking for 3 ppl, intending that once DD was born that we'd call back and add her to the reservation. After she was born, we did just that, and we had no issues with them adding her on to our reservation, at the price we originally booked at. One of the crew members at the future cruise desk when we originally reserved said this is how it would be handled. The lady we spoke with when we first called said she wasn't sure, as she had never done it. I do believe she had to speak with her supervisor on how to handle it, but there was not a word about it being a the prevailing rate, etc.

Again - just our experience but wanted to share! The cruise we booked in May 2015 is for Nov 2016. Talk about taking forever to get here! Booking so early let us get what we think is a really great deal, though!! :D