Carnival Breeze Suite vs Two Connecting Balconies for Four

dollbanks

Help ~ trying to decide on a suite vs two connecting balconies for our family of four which consists of myself, hubby and two boys, ages 13 and 8. We currently have two connecting balconies on the breeze and we've stayed in both, a suite and balcony. The balcony was a little tight but worked just fine for us (maybe because the kids at the time were younger). The ocean suite was also nice and gave us plenty of room but since the boys are growing up we thought it would be nice for them to have their own cabin yet close to mom and dad. I still have some doubts about them having their own cabin although both boys are good boys and we've never had a problem with them going out on the balcony as long as they ask and let us know ~ I guess it's just worry mom syndrome. Both options are close in price, the suite is $130 cheaper and we have FTTF on both cabins so with the cost difference being so low the decision is harder. We also have FTTF so we could cancel one for a $60 savings on the suite. One other thing, we've always sailed with just the four of us but on this sailing there will be 22 so we might not spend a lot of time in our cabin with either option.

Your feedback might just spank something in my brain to make a choice.;) It also would greatly be appreciated!

Help ~ trying to decide on a suite vs two connecting balconies for our family of four which consists of myself, hubby and two boys, ages 13 and 8. We currently have two connecting balconies on the breeze and we've stayed in both, a suite and balcony. The balcony was a little tight but worked just fine for us (maybe because the kids at the time were younger). The ocean suite was also nice and gave us plenty of room but since the boys are growing up we thought it would be nice for them to have their own cabin yet close to mom and dad. I still have some doubts about them having their own cabin although both boys are good boys and we've never had a problem with them going out on the balcony as long as they ask and let us know ~ I guess it's just worry mom syndrome. Both options are close in price, the suite is $130 cheaper and we have FTTF on both cabins so with the cost difference being so low the decision is harder. We also have FTTF so we could cancel one for a $60 savings on the suite. One other thing, we've always sailed with just the four of us but on this sailing there will be 22 so we might not spend a lot of time in our cabin with either option.

Your feedback might just spank something in my brain to make a choice.;) It also would greatly be appreciated!

We have turned down upgrades to a suite when we had connecting balcony cabins. The reason..... 2 bathrooms are always better than 1. :)

I have not been Ina suite, so I can't speak to the comparison. I traveled with my 3 kids (13, 10, 8), so4 people total. We had 2 connecting balconies and thought it was awesome! 2 tvs, 2 full bathrooms, 2 balconies and more square footage. It also worked well the one day when my son was sick, so he and I could be more isolated and my girls could have a whole room to themselves. My husband does not like to cruise, and this was only our first one, so it's definitely a newbie opinion. But I like the extra room and privacy, the suites are nice but, to me, the way the extra space is configured, is not as helpful as 2 cabins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the idea of 2 cabins. My kids are 12 and 9 and we just booked two cabins for our next cruise. We all stayed in a suite on NCL in November. While it was very nice, we feel like we all would benefit from 2 bathrooms and some more privacy. Not to mention 2 tvs!

Absolutely keep the two balconies. Think about how much better that will be when it's time to get ready for dinner. Or goodness forbid, if someone is feeling under the weather. I love suites- but there are only two of us. I would definitely choose a balcony for two over a suite for four.

I have not been Ina suite, so I can't speak to the comparison. I traveled with my 3 kids (13, 10, 8), so4 people total. We had 2 connecting balconies and thought it was awesome! 2 tvs, 2 full bathrooms, 2 balconies and more square footage. It also worked well the one day when my son was sick, so he and I could be more isolated and my girls could have a whole room to themselves. My husband does not like to cruise, and this was only our first one, so it's definitely a newbie opinion. But I like the extra room and privacy, the suites are nice but, to me, the way the extra space is configured, is not as helpful as 2 cabins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow ~ your newbie opinion as truly sparked something that I had not even considered. Thank you so much for your input, it looks like we'll keep our two connecting balconies.

We have had five in a cabin on the Magic and it was just fine for us. We are rarely in the cabin. I would prefer two cruises instead of two cabins.

Very good point. I had at one point considered four of us in one balcony but my 13 year old complained about his sleeping arrangements on the couch. He though it was uncomfortable ~ kids these days have it made. Thank you for your input.

I like the idea of 2 cabins. My kids are 12 and 9 and we just booked two cabins for our next cruise. We all stayed in a suite on NCL in November. While it was very nice, we feel like we all would benefit from 2 bathrooms and some more privacy. Not to mention 2 tvs!

As I was thinking and thinking about what to do I had never considered the 2 bathrooms nor two tv's. I need these boards would get my brain back on track. The two balconies it is. Thank you for your input.

Absolutely keep the two balconies. Think about how much better that will be when it's time to get ready for dinner. Or goodness forbid, if someone is feeling under the weather. I love suites- but there are only two of us. I would definitely choose a balcony for two over a suite for four.

Two balconies is the winner! Thank you for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app