The good old question regarding disembarkation - San Pedro Port and a late flight

myfunusername

Hello all,

I'm asking for my parents who will disembark at San Pedro in two weeks.

their flight from LAX is at 17:00.

What can they do with their luggage if they want to go tour LA by themselves for a few hours?

Any storage facility at a convenient location to tour from and come back to pickup and go to the airport?

I looked for a company that will take the luggage at the port and will send it to LAX airport but couldn't find one (we used a company like this in Barcelona, it is soooo convenient).

I also couldn't find a group tour (and up to 100$pp) that will pick them up from the ship with their suitcases.. not form the cruise line either.

I don't think that renting a car is a good option for them.

Thank you for your Help

Inbal

Hello all,

I'm asking for my parents who will disembark at San Pedro in two weeks.

their flight from LAX is at 17:00.

What can they do with their luggage if they want to go tour LA by themselves for a few hours?

Any storage facility at a convenient location to tour from and come back to pickup and go to the airport?

I looked for a company that will take the luggage at the port and will send it to LAX airport but couldn't find one (we used a company like this in Barcelona, it is soooo convenient).

I also couldn't find a group tour (and up to 100$pp) that will pick them up from the ship with their suitcases.. not form the cruise line either.

I don't think that renting a car is a good option for them.

Thank you for your Help

Inbal

How are going to tour Los Angeles ? Los Angeles is a huge city . The pier is about 45 minutes from the airport and downtown/Hollywood is another hour further.

The easiest why to tour is with a rental car or find a tour company in advance that they can get at the pier for a tour.

Princess does have tour that takes you to Long Beach and then the airport (baggage stays on the bus).

Edited by Kamloops50

How are going to tour Los Angeles ? Los Angeles is a huge city . The pier is about 45 minutes from the airport and downtown/Hollywood is another hour further.

The easiest why to tour is with a rental car or find a tour company in advance that they can get at the pier for a tour.

Princess does have tour that takes you to Long Beach and then the airport (baggage stays on the bus).

thank you for your answer.

I thought they will do some walking/hop on hop off bus, if I would find luggage storage or shipping to the airport.

if they rent a car, how is it working with parking in the city?

I believed they asked about a tour from Princess before asking for my help, but I'll double check.

I would love to get recommendation for tour companies to my mailbox as I know it is not allowed on the board.

thanks again

thank you for your answer.

I thought they will do some walking/hop on hop off bus, if I would find luggage storage or shipping to the airport.

if they rent a car, how is it working with parking in the city?

I believed they asked about a tour from Princess before asking for my help, but I'll double check.

I would love to get recommendation for tour companies to my mailbox as I know it is not allowed on the board.

thanks again

There are no good options for storing luggage or luggage forwarding.

The best option would be an LA tour originating in Long Beach where you could keep the luggage in the van, but that would have to be a private tour.

As far as I know Sunseeker starts and ends their tours in Long Beach.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely contact Sunseeker Tours:

http://www.sunseekertours.us/

They will do LA tours from the cruise port--with your luggage onboard--and drop off at LAX.

Leaving luggage anywhere near the port would take hours getting from the port to the tourists sites, back to the port and on to LAX. It's just not feasible.

Sunseeker lists their prices at $89 pp for an 8 hour tour...not certain if there are any add-on charges for the one way drop-off...Should be perfect for your parents...