cartegena spain

wanderbee

Hi Campolady,

We are scheduled to be in Cartagena on a Monday...everything is closed according to websites. Is it true that sites open even on Monday when cruiseships are in port? Thank you.

I have not heard of the amphitheatre/other sites opening on a Monday even when a ship is in port. However, if you email the tourist information department at Cartagena Town Hall they will be able to tell you for sure infoturismo@ayto-cartagena.es

Edited by campolady

thank you so much for the info :D

very helpful

Do you think the punic walls and the roman theater will open early?

I'll be stopping in Cartagena on a TA in April and we're there from 7am to 2pm

Have never known the walls/theatre to open earlier than 10 a.m.

Just returned from my Transatlantic cruise. In Cartagena, the Roman Theatre DID open early. I can't tell you exactly what time it opened but I went in a little before 9:30am and there were already several people in.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Just returned from my Transatlantic cruise. In Cartagena, the Roman Theatre DID open early. I can't tell you exactly what time it opened but I went in a little before 9:30am and there were already several people in.

Thanks for the very helpful update.

I was in port last week, we spent the whole day there. We saw 5 sights. Plus time for shopping, lunch and hanging out near the pier.

While that does not answer your question, I thought if you have been to Italy or Turkey, your really not missing anything if you do not see the sights. The theatre is small, and really looks reconstructed. We did the Toms port guide as well, only backwards, we climbed to the top of the castle to kill some time until everything opened. Which was a nice walk.

It is a great town to walk around and see the architecture. But if you can't see it all don't worry. You'll have more fun relaxing, taking in the town, take you time and enjoy.

I was in port last week, we spent the whole day there. We saw 5 sights. Plus time for shopping, lunch and hanging out near the pier.

While that does not answer your question, I thought if you have been to Italy or Turkey, your really not missing anything if you do not see the sights. The theatre is small, and really looks reconstructed. We did the Toms port guide as well, only backwards, we climbed to the top of the castle to kill some time until everything opened. Which was a nice walk.

It is a great town to walk around and see the architecture. But if you can't see it all don't worry. You'll have more fun relaxing, taking in the town, take you time and enjoy.

How nice. Glad you got to enjoy an entire day in Cartagena. We were only there from 7am to 2pm because we had Barcelona the next day so we had to go full speed. :(

• 3 months later...