Pearl Harbor Before POA and Transportation

tinkerbell1984

Flying in the day before our POA cruise and staying on the further end of Waikiki, more toward the Zoo, because we would like to visit the beach that evening after we check in.

Would like to visit Pearl Harbor before Embarkation the next day.

What's the latest time for boarding? And what is the best way to get around? Will need to get from the airport to the hotel, hotel to Pearl Harbor and then back to the hotel and then to the ship (as I would l have to leave our luggage at the hotel I am assuming).

I looked into Roberts Tours but they don't include the Missouri, but I'm not sure if time even allows for that? We would like to be able to see the Arizona and Missouri at the least. The Sub and Aviation if possible in addition, but I doubt it.

Looking for any suggestions for the day. After debarkation our flight is at 11:15 so we have no time after the cruise to see or do anything in Honolulu.

Would like to visit Pearl Harbor before Embarkation the next day.

We r arriving 2 days pre-cruise.

Checked with DHRC the possibility to rent at airport and be dropped afterwards at the pier. No dice. What we ended up doing --

Using Johnny Cabs for a flat rate of 25$ from airport to hotel.

Phone from hotel for rental to send a shuttle from Discovery Bay to fetch us.

Use the car on Friday to tour North Shore.

Saturday morning, check out from hotel, luggage in the trunk, have booked online PH for noon, finish at about 2PM, drive back to office at Discovery Bay, drop the car, have them shuttle us for free to pier.

Only the office at Discovery Bay (for us is Alamo, booked through DHRC) has the FREE shuttle from hotel to office & from office to pier.

What's the latest time for boarding? And what is the best way to get around?

The latest time for boarding is 6.30PM.

BUT -- you'll miss the muster drill, and would have to waste the morning in Maui to do it. "Big, HUGE mistake" (think "Pretty woman"...:)).

For the muster drill, you'd have to be aboard at 4.30PM by the latest.

As mentioned above, we're renting a car to get around.

I see that you're travelling in 2 months. Try NOW to book online, it starts exactly 60 days before the date you're interested in.

According to PH site, their parking lot is patrolled continuously. Still, they advise not to let anyone see that you've got luggage in the trunk.

So, prepare to take with you anything you might need before parking, and do not open the trunk while there.....