FoS- D1- Sofa bed- no Pullman question

Neednagetaway

We booked a balcony guarantee for 4, and we were just assigned a stateroom with a sofa bed but no Pullman, but we need to have a playpen.

Has anyone had this configuration?

Last time we had the smaller room, with a Pullman and the smaller couch which we turned sideways and put the playpen next to.

In my mind it seems like our 6-yo is going to need to sleep in the couch( not folded out) in order to fit the playpen in front of the couch.

I was hoping for pictures but I'm sure this setup is unusual.

Hoping for some guidance on how much space there is in the room, and how other people with 4 people in a sofa bed room have fared. I assumed that a sofa bed only room was intended for 3 people, not 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The sofa bed is probably a full-size mattress. Yes...if you let the 6 year old sleep on the sofa without opening the "bed"...you'll have space for the P&P.....You might have room for the P&P with the bed open, but you won't have any floor space for walking....

I wouldn't bother turning the sofa....they aren't that high, and how often does your 6 year old "fall" out of bed??? If you put the P&P next to the sofa..the side of the P&P should hold the 6 year old in place!!!

Edited by cb at sea

We booked a balcony guarantee for 4, and we were just assigned a stateroom with a sofa bed but no Pullman, but we need to have a playpen.

Has anyone had this configuration?

Last time we had the smaller room, with a Pullman and the smaller couch which we turned sideways and put the playpen next to.

In my mind it seems like our 6-yo is going to need to sleep in the couch( not folded out) in order to fit the playpen in front of the couch.

I was hoping for pictures but I'm sure this setup is unusual.

Hoping for some guidance on how much space there is in the room, and how other people with 4 people in a sofa bed room have fared. I assumed that a sofa bed only room was intended for 3 people, not 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Technically, those sofabeds are supposed to be for two people. All the D1 cabins on Freedom that are for 4 people have sofabeds and no pullmans. You might be able to get the PNP between the bed and the sofa if you ask for the two nightstands be put on one side of the bed and put the PNP in front of them. I found this video of the cabin size, doesn't have a PNP in it but you can see what I mean about putting the PNP between the bed and sofa.

Your cabin steward will have an idea for you, they have probably already dealt with the issue before.

Edited to add: Our experience with sofabeds is that they fold out like a futon does and do not have a full size mattress as CB at sea claims.

Edited by reallyitsmema