Jobson's Bay

R_i_c_h

I would like to go to Jobson's Bay on the day the ship departs at 3pm. Couple of questions. How long does it take to get to Jobson's Bay via the bus? Which bus do we take and where do we get off? How often does the bus come by (going back), and when should we leave the beach to catch the bus back to the ship? We've done Horseshoe Bay and Coco Reef day pass before. Is Jobson's Bay definitely worth doing instead of revisiting one of those beaches?

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Rich

I would like to go to Jobson's Bay on the day the ship departs at 3pm. Couple of questions. How long does it take to get to Jobson's Bay via the bus? Which bus do we take and where do we get off? How often does the bus come by (going back), and when should we leave the beach to catch the bus back to the ship? We've done Horseshoe Bay and Coco Reef day pass before. Is Jobson's Bay definitely worth doing instead of revisiting one of those beaches?

Rich

I can't help you with the bus issue, but I will advise it is really small and was crowded the day we went. Your can walk from there to Warwick Long Bay which did not have a soul on the beach! I am pretty sure we took the same bus your would take to Horseshoe and just asked to be let off there, but I could be wrong. Nice to see for a change, but I prefer Horseshoe Bay. Also, there was only an outhouse type facility and a truck came to sell refreshments at some point. No chair rentals or anything like that.

The regular schedule route #7 bus would take about 40 minutes from the Dockyard to the bus stop for Warwick Long Bay which is also the stop for Jobson's Bay. According to the 2015 bus schedule the #7 bus departs Hamilton for the Dockyard every 30 minutes on the :00 and :30. Travel time to the WLB bus stop from Hamilton is 20-25 minutes. It is about a 10 minute walk from JB to the bus stop.

Remember, there are no showers or changing facilities at JB unless you use the outhouse type facility at WLB.

There is a satellite photo of WLB and JB here.

FYI, there may be an update to the bus schedule. Keep checking this forum.

SBtS

Is Jobson's Bay definitely worth doing instead of revisiting one of those beaches?

Rich

Hi Rich

Do you mean Jobson's Cove ? If so it's small but lovely and right next to Warwick Long Bay beach so you only have to walk a few yards for a sea with some wave action, as opposed to the sheltered pool at JC, which shows at around 4.00 in this. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]D3ZnJmToL5c[/YOUTUBE]

Rich

You mean Jobsons Cove? You should leave plenty of time. I would get to the bus stop by 12:30. If you went to Horseshoe you could leave later as they put on extra buses from Horseshoe. You will be dependent on the regular bus so leave plenty of time. As to whether it is worth doing, not something I would do the last day leaving at 3:00.....