Formal Night Dress code

MickeyP

I browsed through the Costa site and it said for the 7 night Westerrn Carribbean cruise ,that the Formal nights do not require a Tuxedo for men. I have always enjoyed dressing up formally on other the 5 HAL cruises and this would be a let down. Does anyone have the insde information as to what has transpired with Costa?

Hi Mickey

I've been 6 times on Costa and on the Mediterranea on 2004,and if you want to dress with a tuxedo, you can do it. I've been on 22 cruises on different ships, and in everyone, everybody is dressed very formally. So go on, and dress with all the luxury you want.

Lilrod

Puerto Rico

My husband always wears a tux, I wear a long evening gown to at least one of the formal evenings and my children wear suits. I found on Costa that a large percentage of people made a real effort on formal nights. There are always those that don't but they are on all ships. To me that is part of what cruising is about and we love to dress up and get the family photo. Enjoy

I browsed through the Costa site and it said for the 7 night Westerrn Carribbean cruise ,that the Formal nights do not require a Tuxedo for men. I have always enjoyed dressing up formally on other the 5 HAL cruises and this would be a let down. Does anyone have the insde information as to what has transpired with Costa?

We had 2 formal nights in 7 days cruise.99.9% of men had tuxedo:D

I have just returned from the Fortuna Western Med trip, loved it. I did not see one Tux. A few long dresses but mostly just "evening clothes" We sat at the early dinner, perhaps the late nights were more dressed up. Due to the every day excursions one is quite exhausted by 7pm so I was wuite happy to just put on my "good clothes" without worry about too much formal. In the past I have notice that HAL passengers in general do adhere more to the formal dress code.

Bimms

We have just come back from 'Mediterranean' 7 days cruise on Costa Magica, we had 2 formal nights. The first one was the Welcome Gala Cocktail Party, which had free champane and photo's with the Captain. This one I thought was the more dressed night and most people really got dressed up, guys included lots of dark suits and a few tuxs. We went all out, hay why not its not every day you get to get all glamours so go for it! It was great fun seeing all the beautiful clothes. Plus they are all ways taking photos for you to buy(nice price) and I brought a few for the memory's.

Zeby -

Which port days were formal nights on the Magica Med?

I read somewhere it was Palma de Mallorca and Pallermo on the Rome RT itinerary which seems odd since the last night would never be a formal night. :confused:

Civitavecchia

Genoa

Barcelona

Palma

Tunis

Malta

Pallermo

What do you think?

Dear Cruizingnut

You have heard right it was the same for us, the 2 gala nights where on the 2 Ports starting with P Palma and Palermo. And even though it may seem strange to have a gala night on the last night, the last night is not always the same for every passenger, there is new people hopping on and off every day. I think they may choose these 2 ports as you have more time in the afternoon as they set sail around 5 or 6 so the crew has more time to prepare. I don't know if this is a set thing? One other thing I will mention is they have a 'Italian night' which we missed as we did the fine dinning that night, and we where later told that the waiters do dances and lots of singing and it was a hit, so check when thats on and don't miss it! We where disapointed that we did...............but always next time! Always take camera to dinner, anymore question let me know if not have a great cruise! Zeby

Archived