Signature drink package?

beckstarbaby

Trying to make the same decision for our cruise next February. We are on a 7 day Caribbean with 4 island stops. Every moment off the ship means less likely to break even.

I am a single malt scotch drinker which most of the good ones are not even included in the package. So therefore, if I drop down to the best of the ones included, here is the break down:

per day avg - $52

at $7/avg per drink.......7.42 drinks per day

and thats if you were on the ship every day all day.

So ask yourself the question......how much will you be off the ship which would put your average when on the ship closer and closer to 10 drinks per day.

My boyfriend and I are sailing with Holland America on 04/3. We're wondering if the signature drink package is worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's $44.95 pp for the cruise and up to 15 drinks per day. You both must purchase it and cannot share with others. It includes drinks under $8 plus water, soda, and coffee. With that said if you drink at least 6+ drinks per day normally at $8 per then that would be $48 plus gratuity. In that case I would say yes it would be worth it. Gratuity is added to the $44.95 package. We had it on one cruise as a perk but not certain we would buy it, your call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mllewis48

Trying to make the same decision for our cruise next February. We are on a 7 day Caribbean with 4 island stops. Every moment off the ship means less likely to break even.

I am a single malt scotch drinker which most of the good ones are not even included in the package. So therefore, if I drop down to the best of the ones included, here is the break down:

per day avg - $52

at $7/avg per drink.......7.42 drinks per day

and thats if you were on the ship every day all day.

So ask yourself the question......how much will you be off the ship which would put your average when on the ship closer and closer to 10 drinks per day.

If you can get drinks for $7 each I'm going to start sailing on this cruise line. [emoji1]

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

For a 7 day Koningsdam next Feb, the Signature package is 361.83 for the cruise.

Another option is a beverage card that can be purchased for $100 or $250 but is also subject to a 15% gratuity .

Why is a beverage card a option? There is no added value, discount or break even point. Just another card to carry around besides your key card which doubles as your charge card on the ship.

If you can get drinks for $7 each I'm going to start sailing on this cruise line. [emoji1]

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Yeah, HAL is much cheaper for drinks. There is happy hour at multiple bars with 2 for 1 drinks also. Oh, also drink of the day.

Why is a beverage card a option? There is no added value, discount or break even point. Just another card to carry around besides your key card which doubles as your charge card on the ship.

Only advantages of Beverage Card is you will not have all the multiple charges on your statement! You only need it and not your room card.

Happy Hour drinks are buy one get the 2nd for a $1, no two for one! Usually in Ocean Bar and Crows Nest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I just got off a 2 week NZ cruise with the drink package (Free with part of a promo, but we did have it) We did however keep a pretty good tally of drinks.

Between sodas, beer, house wine and mixed drinks we averaged a little over 6 a day each. (So if we had paid for it, it would NOT have been worth it monetarily)

BUT, as teamflames noted above, was worth it to us just to have the freedom to order what we wanted and not worry. I wanted to try a WangWang for instance (had heard so much about it) Turns out it was crap, but ordering it did not bother me.

My wife LOVES her beer, and used the opportunity to try every beer they had on board... Dont like it? so what? Try a different one!