On board activities

Stum

We're booked on the Odyssey departing Venice on Sept 10/16. How can I find out what the on board activities will be?:)

As you are in a port every day, there will not be a great many onboard activities. The first day shows a marina day, so if the weather is good there will be various things to do from the marina - banana boats, etc., and you would need, I think, to sign up to do this, soon after boarding. Otherwise, probably only trivia maybe at 5p.m., a deck party one evening, obviously a show each evening after dinner, usually at 9.45, and sometimes a pre-dinner show, and music before and after dinner in the bars - usually a piano or guitar, or possibly a duo or the band. It is on sea days that there are lots of activities, naturally.

I thought there may be a historical presentation related to the ports we visit. Perhaps not.

There will usually be a destination lecturer on board with expertise on the region - these are less "what to do" port lectures in my experience and more "here is some insight on the history or culture". In some ports, Seabourn may also bring on local cultural groups to perform - or they will be arranged for dockside entertainment as you disembark or embark.

I find it quite different than the destination lecture on the mainstream lines where the focus is more on "which ship sponsored excursion should you book".

And likewise, the focus on cultural education is better than being accosted each morning by a mangy furry and accompanying manic photographer as you disembark.