Help with Son's Honeymoon, Please

lcds1

I hope I havent screwed up!....

I have them flying INTO FLL but going out of MIAMI Port...on Majesty of the Seas....The trouble I am having is that he is only 24 1/2 so the car rental places all seem to want 25.00 MORE for the day to rent a car to get from FLL to MIA. Super shuttle which just does FROM Mia to FLL (48.00 from port of miami)-

Is is a "cattle call" to have them take a bus the day OF the cruise thru RCCL?

(there fore having them stay in FLL that nite) or better to get transportation of some sort from FLL to MIA and stay in miami the night before?

Which is the better (less expensive too..we're working with a "tight" budget)

place for them to stay? FLL or MIA the nite before the cruise?

They get into FLL about 4:45 day before Cruise/they leave from FLL the day cruise gets back at 3:45.

I hope this made sense...didnt sleep ALL night worrying I have caused a problem!

My family and I just got off the Majesty last week. We flew into FLL (got a great rate of $140 r/t from Newark). Anyway, we used Larry’s Limo from FLL to the Miami Port.

From FLL to Miami port, we requested a limo and paid about $100, going home we got a regular town car for about $80 or so with tips. Since it is their honeymoon, perhaps you can book a limo to take them and town car back. The driver met us at baggage with a sign at FLL airport and we didn’t have to wait for any passengers for busses or vans. Going home, we got up, ate in the dining room the last morning, walked out to the pick up area and called the number they gave us when they picked us up. The guy was there waiting and off we went. We had to pay for our Port-FLL on the first leg and then didn’t have to worry about it when they got us. All very simple and easy.

Sorry, I see you said working with tight budget. If that is the case, I would still use a car service and just get the town car to/from FLL/Port. It is so much less stressful and much easier.

You're correct that Super Shuttle only operates FROM MIA... BUT Tri-County/Airport Express is the same thing, and they operate FROM FLL... http://www.floridalimo.com/

Larry's Limo is another reliable, reputable local company... http://www.larryslimo.com/

As for downtown Miami or Fort Lauderdale hotels, a lot depends on the date you're looking at... Best thing to do is check prices at all of them.

Archived