Oasis Forward OV Cabins Deck 9

I am booked on a OV cabin on Oasis deck 9 and I am very curious to know if these cabins are Ok. I have never been front of the ship or in an OV only balcony mid-ship so any information would be appreciated. The cabin numbers are around 9522- 9530. Thanks again :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wish I had a pic to show you how awesome it is. We were in a forward stateroom deck 9 two years ago. Loved it so much I booked another forward stateroom deck 10 this year. Oceanview. They are surprisingly affordable. It's soooo big due to the slope of the ship, I peaked in some balcony rooms and thought they were tiny. Ours had the sofa by the window too..so much extra space. What I loved is we had a routine and many things we liked were forward on the ship. Every morning we would get our coffee at the solarium cafe (forward). We would then go down to 6 and walk around the ship twice, then take the elevator up and eat our breakfast at the solarium cafe, healthy and delicious and great views. We did not enter the windjammer once.

After breakfast we freshen up in our rooms and typically find our loungers in the covered part of the solarium (sea days) read books, drink cocktails. That doesn't sound exciting to some people but we are in high stress jobs it was heaven, lol!

So...the forward part of the ship is a great way to go imho

I wish I had a pic to show you how awesome it is. We were in a forward stateroom deck 9 two years ago. Loved it so much I booked another forward stateroom deck 10 this year. Oceanview. They are surprisingly affordable. It's soooo big due to the slope of the ship, I peaked in some balcony rooms and thought they were tiny. Ours had the sofa by the window too..so much extra space. What I loved is we had a routine and many things we liked were forward on the ship. Every morning we would get our coffee at the solarium cafe (forward). We would then go down to 6 and walk around the ship twice, then take the elevator up and eat our breakfast at the solarium cafe, healthy and delicious and great views. We did not enter the windjammer once.

After breakfast we freshen up in our rooms and typically find our loungers in the covered part of the solarium (sea days) read books, drink cocktails. That doesn't sound exciting to some people but we are in high stress jobs it was heaven, lol!

So...the forward part of the ship is a great way to go imho

Oh Wow well thank you for this update. I really was not sure what it would be like since I've never done an ocenview nor forward. We love walking so I plan to do that early in the mornings. wish you had pics to share :) do plan on visiting the solarium cafe too. Thanks again

I see someone posted pics as an example previously here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2150434&highlight=forward+cabin

My stateroom was different with the couch by the window, looking at this one the bed is by the window, not sure if I like it as much but it still looks big. There is another thread here that goes into the magic formula of "bed placement" you can search for. That all depends on the stateroom configuration. on the Oasis/Allure every "other" room had either a bed/sofa by the window.

I should also mention you are requested to close your curtains at night at the request of the captain.

We will be staying in the rooms from 9122 to 9130 in August, I'll make sure to get you some photos.

These rooms are tricky because they aren't really facing the front of the ship, but are located where the ship curves towards the front.

There is very little information about these rooms online. I imagine the exterior wall will be somewhat curved.