Recent Chairhog experience, a funny story

RickT

Ah, finally. Someone with my EXACT point of view! Hope to sit with you some day as we "hog" a couple of stools for an afternoon... with Premium bev pkgs, of course!

Shhhh don't tell anyone. The aft space on the solstice class ships is the best area to relax on a sea day. It'll be our little secret.

I find these threads (along with the dress code, cracker cruncher and super platinum elite double diamond perk threads) really amusing and entertaining. I'm not able to cruise as frequently as others, but on my last two cruises I found that this whole chair hog mass hysteria was much ado about nothing. Of course sitting out by the pool in a sea of humanity is not my idea of a an enjoyable afternoon. I prefer the bars. I have noticed a large amount of deck chairs available all over the ship at peak times of the day. They just might not be right next to the pool.

But I am also an admitted barstool hog at the Sunset Bar. That is a far better spot to enjoy days at sea.

Thank you for the entertaining posts.

I agree . the chair huggers are usually the ones who flout the dress code and have a captains club status of zenithyeliteyextra or above. introduce a happy hour - that will rid the boats of theses types [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

How People are brought up.

Maybe in the state room posted. don't do this or that......

one thing on people's mind and it's not chair hogging. Its vacation.

do you mean 'holiday' ?[emoji12]

So I guess you are a card-carrying member of the National Chair Clip Association (NCCA) and against any form of chair clip control? Even those automated chair clips that you just push a button and they claim 5 or 10 loungers in a few seconds? "Blame the passenger, not the chair clip!" :)

Got your motto: "Chair Clips Don't Hog Chairs, People Do ... "

Although I've never had a real problem with chair hogs, I am enjoying this thread

I used to mess with people.

There have been a few times I've been up VERY early, so I would take walks around the ship. I've seen people by the pool at 6am placing items on chairs. I'd wait until they were gone and move them to different locations nearby, usually under a nice shady area. :D

Later on I'd make sure I was in that same area to "verify" their stuff has been there all along and no one touched it! :p

So I guess you are a card-carrying member of the National Chair Clip Association (NCCA) and against any form of chair clip control? Even those automated chair clips that you just push a button and they claim 5 or 10 loungers in a few seconds? "Blame the passenger, not the chair clip!" :)

Thank goodness I work from home and wasn't on a conference call when I read this....I BUSTED out laughing loudly....LOVE IT :)

I LOVE THE story where someone said they found a camera on a lounge chair, and took a bunch of pictures and left the camera on the chair with wonders about what those people thought when they were looking at the pictures they actually took and then seeing the ones he took!!! Lol!!

I LOVE THE story where someone said they found a camera on a lounge chair, and took a bunch of pictures and left the camera on the chair with wonders about what those people thought when they were looking at the pictures they actually took and then seeing the ones he took!!! Lol!!

It would be even better if the camera borrower took it to his room and took a bunch of pictures of the borrower engaging in weird and acrobatic sexual acts. Of course, this would have to be done with the permission of both parties. Can you imagine how the owner of the camera would explain the pictures to their spouse when the first looked at them together.

DON