Fly 2 Fun experience

maeormaenot

So, we booked a Feb '17 cruise out of San Juan, PR on board the Fascination. Super excited, just saying!

We live in West Monroe, LA.

We want to fly out of Monroe, LA. Just so when we get home we don't have a long drive home.

Has anyone used the Fly 2 Fun...or whatever it is called, what were your experiences.

Also, when do I need to start looking/booking my flights?

And...please tell me they make meds for people who freak out when they fly...I'm worried about hubbs!

Thanks y'all!

So, we booked a Feb '17 cruise out of San Juan, PR on board the Fascination. Super excited, just saying!

We live in West Monroe, LA.

We want to fly out of Monroe, LA. Just so when we get home we don't have a long drive home.

Has anyone used the Fly 2 Fun...or whatever it is called, what were your experiences.

Also, when do I need to start looking/booking my flights?

And...please tell me they make meds for people who freak out when they fly...I'm worried about hubbs!

Thanks y'all!

I can't help with the flying portion but meds for not freaking out would be Xanex or Valium.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I TRIED to use the FlytoFun program but found it limiting.

You can pick your airline, but not your flight times..those are preset. I only had her check Southwest. Delta/American were already showing higher online with unwanted travel times (plus throw in baggage fees they were at least $100 higher )

We preferred Southwest but out of 6 flights listed each day only one was available for us. At a $45.00 increase over booking direct...and non-cancellable. You cancel you lose everything.

We just booked direct. Got the times I wanted. Cheaper price. And of course being Southwest I can cancel, change, etc and get the credit shell.

Make sure you do your research and know the prices of airfare via different carriers before you call ..

By the way, I am the Worlds Worse Flyer.

I take Zanax and/or Valium. I start by taking one(or two ) at least one hour before the flight. Another right before boarding.

(If I am going overseas I add stronger meds with the others..)

Then breakfast onboard of orange juice and vodka.

A double. Sucked down faster than the Naked and Afraiders drink safe water.

Turn on the Kindle Fire, put the ear plugs in, watch Tatum Channing do his Magic Mike and daydream that he did Pony just for me.

All good.