Cabins Aft - Too Noisy?

Dunnik

The last cruise ship I was on was a converted transatlantic liner, so I've never experienced an aft cabin.

The view is great - the wake of a great ship can be mesmerizing - but I'm wondering about noise levels. I'm forming the impression that regardless of when you turn in for the night, you may have your sleep interrupted by activities on the aft deck(s).

I'm about to book on the Carnival Vista, and at this late date all the "good" cabins are taken. Looking at what's available it's the usual suspects: obstructed views, too far from anything, too close to the elevators and...a few aft cabins.

What is your experience with aft cabins and a restful night's sleep, or lack thereof?

Edited by Dunnik

An aft-facing balcony is our stateroom of choice. Except for one notable exception (my fault), we've never been bothered by noise.

The exception? On Carnival Sunshine we found ourselves directly beneath the nightclub, and I think directly below the speakers in the nightclub. BOOMBABOOMBABOOMBA. The first night was really loud, but hubby can sleep through anything, and I just took a sleeping pill.

We didn't complain, but I'm pretty sure some others did, since subsequent nights were considerably quieter. The music was still going on, but the bass and the overall volume were lower. And, of course, it didn't go on all night.

Anyway, long story short - book with cabins above and below, whenever possible.

But that goes for staterooms in any part of the ship.

Edited by srlafleur

o

I'm about to book on the Carnival Vista, and at this late date all the "good" cabins are taken. , too close to the elevators and...a few aft cabins.

What is your experience with aft cabins and a restful night's sleep, or lack thereof?

we are booked on the Vista. Nothing wrong with being closed to the elevator.

we are booked in 9435- no across the hall neighbors-- that grey area is where they store fire doors.

Our go to cabin is usually in the area of 7414 which is where we book every time

Used to book the aft but they cost more and the walk can get tiring after a while.

If people are loud coming off the elevator they will be loud as they are walking down the hall. But I have not ever experienced any of that on any of our cruises.

aft cabins on the vista over look the havana harbor.

http://maritimematters.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CL_VS_HavanaPool_03_ren-copy-592x394.jpg

i dont know any other ship in carnival fleet that has this tyoe of area. For the afts-- looking out over the water was why i got the aft balcony.

I dont want to look down and watch people swim

aft cabins on the vista over look the havana harbor.

http://maritimematters.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CL_VS_HavanaPool_03_ren-copy-592x394.jpg

i dont know any other ship in carnival fleet that has this tyoe of area. For the afts-- looking out over the water was why i got the aft balcony.

I dont want to look down and watch people swim

Thanks for the replies, I forgot that the aft cabins do overlook the Havana area on the Vista.

Perhaps then this isn't a problem, since there's a good chance I'd be one of those people staying up late on that patio (I'll try to keep it down!). That suits me better than, say, being above the main pool area and being woken by screaming happy children or the CD yelling into a megaphone, neither of which is likely at the Havana pool in the morning.

Edited by Dunnik