Pickpockets vs. Bag Grabbers

emcollins3

On our cruise to Europe I took stock in all I heard from travelers with more experience that I had. My daughter told me about a wrist wallet she used for walking. I found them on line and felt better about carrying things in that. It looks like a cuff that I'd tuck in my sleeves. Someone would have to wrestle me to the ground to get it off. 😄

Last time we were in Barcelona I borrowed a Pacsafe purse from a friend and didn't have any trouble. We are heading to there again this summer for a Med cruise and yesterday, I found very similar slash-proof, zipper-locking Travelon bag at Marshall's for less than half the price of a Pacsafe! Just wanted to pass along the shopping tip :)

Going to look at my local Marshalls. Did you find it near the luggage, or a different department?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

On my last trip to Europe I used a PacSafe crossbody bag. I never saw any evidence of pickpockets or bag snatchers but I wanted to be on the safe side anyway. I will be using that bag again on my next trip. I felt better having it as the zipper can be locked and the straps as well as the body of the bag are slashproof. The key is to be as vigilant as possible and no matter what you do, don't put your money or cc in your pockets.

Another vote for a PacSafe bag! I've been carrying a small crossover one for years. They are slash-proof (body and straps) and you can clip the zippered section closed to make it a lot harder to just slip open. I carried it for 3 weeks in Australia/New Zealand and a total of 3 weeks in Europe (land tours) in complete confidence. I'm still wary and vigilant, but certainly feel a lot safer. Oh, and mine is RFID protected as well. They offer many styles and sizes. I also carry just the essentials, and not much money. I carry larger amounts in a slim body belt.

Edited by linkerbink