Norwegian Epic

milljef

We are a family of 4, looking at the Epic in December, mid 40's with a 16 year old and a 12 year old.

We have been on the Getaway in a standard balcony room and enjoyed it.

Was interested if anyone has been in a mini suite with 4 ppl and if it worked well. Does the washroom layout work ?

Also, with the offers out there for free beverage package has there been an increase in the "mood" of the ships ? We like to have some drinks and have fun, but sometimes free booze makes for lots of over indulgence :eek:

Any other comments or information is welcome. Our other option would be to look at the Carnival Sunshine (will look to Carnival boards for this one) since we would like to leave out of Orlando.

We are a family of 4, looking at the Epic in December, mid 40's with a 16 year old and a 12 year old.

We have been on the Getaway in a standard balcony room and enjoyed it.

Was interested if anyone has been in a mini suite with 4 ppl and if it worked well. Does the washroom layout work ?

Also, with the offers out there for free beverage package has there been an increase in the "mood" of the ships ? We like to have some drinks and have fun, but sometimes free booze makes for lots of over indulgence :eek:

Any other comments or information is welcome. Our other option would be to look at the Carnival Sunshine (will look to Carnival boards for this one) since we would like to leave out of Orlando.

I guess you could get away with 4 in a cabin. It may be tight, but as long as you have a shower schedule, you'd probably be ok.

We had 3 in a mid ship balcony (10191) in November. It wasn't horrible, but it was definitely cozy. The shower separate from the toilet is definitely nice, but having the sink in the main cabin isn't. It should really be in with the toilet.

Plenty of storage for clothes, etc. We didn't like the wavy design of the cabin, because it seemed like you were always having to walk around something.

With the price of an inside, why not put the two kids across the hall and you two get a balcony? Then the kids will get a perk (eg meals) and you guys will get perks too. Price difference can't be that big and will be much more comfortable. That's what I would do if I was booking this scenario on the Dec 17 epic cruise we just booked.

The rooms in epic are a little different, take a look at some YouTube videos and you'll see what I mean.

i sailed on the Epic with my 16 yr old (at the time) and we LOVED it. People either love or hate the bathrooms, we loved it , with a teen daughter who takes LONG showers, it was so nice to not have to wait to use the toilet :)

Epic is a very unique ship , unlike any others I have been on. And I feel fortunate to say I've been on i:) Only complait is the elevators, they are slow and not enough of them but if you have a room either near the top or near the bottom, then, you really only need to take them in one direction because you can take the stairs in the other... Does that make sense? We were in the middle so it was 4-5 flights to get anywhere, next time we would choose top or bottom, not middle.

Just back from Epic. Sailed in a large balcony with our 15 & 12 year olds. All our previous cruises were in a mini suite and we found this quite tight for room. Wouldn't do it again. The mini suite on the Epic is only slightly larger than a balcony but it is do-able. Txagfan's recommendation of a balcony & inside is a good option. We thought about it but our kids wanted to be in the same room as us. You could look at 2 adjoining insides. Its nice to have the balcony but in Dec you may not get a massive amount of use from it. There is so much to do on this ship that you find you don't spent a lot of time in your stateroom.

Question re epic staterooms, we are sailing on epic, have a balcony and an inside on deck 12. I noticed someone commented that the insides are down a separate hallway, have not seen this mentioned before or noticed it on any videos. Looking at deck plans not sure how this would work as studios are right behind the insides, and the studios have a separate hallway.

Thanks for any help. Mil and 3 year old will be in inside, with us in balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just back from Epic. Sailed in a large balcony with our 15 & 12 year olds.

Hi, Dexysgirl, we're going to be on Epic on 4th June with 16year old and 14 year old. Interested to hear what your teens thought of the ship and if you have any recommendations in that regard? thanks:)

can someone please describe the stateroom layout for an aft suite I believe category H6 and also the suite category H5.

We have never cruised on this ship and are looking for a suite/cabin with a walk-in shower with some semblance of privacy. are there curtains dividing the bathroom or is everything just behind frosted glass and are all the cabins so small? We have cruised on NCL's Star, Ruby, and soon on the Dawn and have never had a problem finding a comfortable cabin.

Unfortunately the Epic is the only cruise ship sailing from Rome on the date we will be available. Might have to do a land tour instead.

Thanks for any input,

I'm so curious about the bathrooms on the Epic. I understand the appeal of having the shower and the toilet separate, but it appears that they both only have the privacy of frosted glass and a curtain that separates the "bathroom area" from the rest of the cabin?

What's the point of having them separate if the only privacy between the toilet and the shower is that each have frosted glass? Am I missing something?

I'm so curious about the bathrooms on the Epic. I understand the appeal of having the shower and the toilet separate, but it appears that they both only have the privacy of frosted glass and a curtain that separates the "bathroom area" from the rest of the cabin?

What's the point of having them separate if the only privacy between the toilet and the shower is that each have frosted glass? Am I missing something?

i agree...we gave up on cruising in Italy in June 2017on the Epic and have selected Celebrity's constellation instead.

We have just returned home from the Epic and the bathroom layout is awful.

The worst point for us was not the internal privacy (although this was an issue with some in our party who were sharing with older relatives) but the fact that if you are showering or on the loo and someone knocks on the door you can't answer or ask them in, because despite the frosted glass, the shower cubicle and toilet cubilce are still see through. The fact that the sink is external is a hygiene issue too in my opinion.

It would have been far better to have the sink and toilet together at the very least, and with a solid door and then put a curtain around the shower in addition to the frosted screen.

The cabins do have a lot of storage though. Four people would be very tight in my opinion.

Thanks for all the info. Four of us has been manageable, since we don't spend alot of time in cabin... but the bathroom on the Epic makes it a unmanageable imho.

My guess is Norwegian realized it was bad design as well since I think they have not repeated the design. Solid door and a sink in the bathroom would really be important from a hygiene and privacy perspective.

We are dealing with a bad Canadian Dollar as well so really need to make sure we are happy with whatever we pick..loved the Getaway.. maybe sail her again.