Key Card Activated Light Switches

EsmeCruising

Hello everyone,

I appreciate this is a weird question but does anyone know which ships have the light switches that only work once you have put in your key card? I'm pretty sure Azura does, but does anyone know which others do?

Thank you very much 😊

Hello everyone,

I appreciate this is a weird question but does anyone know which ships have the light switches that only work once you have put in your key card? I'm pretty sure Azura does, but does anyone know which others do?

Thank you very much

We were on Britannia last weekend and confirm that they have card slots. We did not realise that any card would work (we subsequently used a cruise card) and thought that the blue (Make Up/Resting) card was the one to use. We put the blue card in the DOOR to say we were resting and the lights went out. The cabin steward explained about using a cruise card. The next night we put the Resting card in the door and it disappeared. Someone must have "borrowed" it, having had the same problem we first did. I got a new card from the Steward from a big bunch of them on his trolley and he told us that he is always giving out cards. I have written to P&O suggesting that a simple sticker on the switch slot would save a lot of work and blue cards.

Edited by Findus