Just back from Adventure of the Seas 10/2..quick mini review

sgttami

I never complain about service staff anywhere. Perhaps I was spoiled the week before on Serenade because Maritza was SOOO wonderful. It's not like we were looking for anyone to do anything special..it was HIS attitude.

Serenade had Bloody Mary's and Mimosas in the AM and we went to Concierge one morning on Adventure looking to sit and relax and have a mimosa. We were told in a nasty tone..."Cocktails are only at night."

We figured that was OK since we had champagne in our cabin (from our TA).

We asked if we could get some ice..no problem..we'd go on the balcony and make our own mimosas...we were told..."there's no ice, this is breakfast only."

We went to introduce ourselves on our first visit and were brushed off because he was on the phone. Every time we were there, he was constantly on the phone and some of the conversations were clearly personal. After the third night, we never went back...

The lounge was never crowded while we were there.....it opened at 5:30 which was close to 6:00 dinner..not much time to relax...Serenade opened at 5:00 and our "group" enjoyed that hour before dinner.

It was the only time on a cruise that I didn't tip the Concierge...

I've heard so much about this guy (almost universally negative); hope that isn't true, we are going on AOS in the future.

Being dependent on gratuities, you would think he would be as accomodating as possible.

Did you receive an email from him prior to the cruise, asking if he could be of assistance to you, I've heard that is the new policy?

I suspect RCI reads these boards, one would think they might take note of what has been said about concierge level on AOS.

Nancy...

I spent some time this afternoon looking at HAL ships and cabins...I AM IMPRESSED!!! Watched the little mini video about 6 times (Mariner) and now my husband wants to know where we're going on HAL..

We don't care about the age of the crowd..would rather have older people than a bunch of screaming kids any time. We spent last New Years Eve with my parents in FL (their winter place) and we were the first to poop out before midnight...

On Adventure we had a great time with a mix of people from 20's to 70's...it's all about attitude!!

St John....we have a house on Coral Bay so have seen every beach there is to see and we keep going back to Francis. (Between Cruz and Coral Bay and the northshore beaches)..Trunk is great for first timers and easily doable when on a cruise...No amenities at Francis other than a port o john (??) but we're used to it..(We'll leave shortly after the Bermuda trip and be home for Christmas)

Activities on Adventure.....probably rock climbing and ice skating for the active folks...(I'd rather watch!!!)..Fitness center and mini-golf also. Even walking the deck is good exercise...

Won't keep bashing Luis...but he hasn't got great support...

Hey all! I was on the sailing with Sgttami. I have to tell you that I have been on all of the Voyager Class ships, and this was by far the worst. SO much so that I had to write a letter to Royal Caribbean. The ship was just dirty and run down, she could use a drydock overhaul big time! The staff was the worst that we have ever had. We had problems with the room steward not leaving us any clean towels on a daily basis. He wasn't cleaning our bathroom, and when I went to complain....I got nothing but attitude! This is not what I have come to expect from RCCL.

On the flip side, some in our group were on their first cruise and thought it was the greatest thing, so I guess it is just what you are used to.

The best thing about the ship was the Duck & Dog, and if you happen to go in there and Chris is playing.....please tell her Sissy & AJ send their love, and ask her if she has seen Alice! ;-)

Archived