Adventure dry dock additions?

Thanks Bob.

Down to 2 specialty restaurants, that's dissapointing.

The poster also said that Izumi was going away fleetwide. Have not heard this elsewhere yet. We may have a data point soon, as Jewel goes into dry dock tomorrow, and Izumi was planned to go into the Seaview Cafe spot.

The poster also said that Izumi was going away fleetwide. Have not heard this elsewhere yet. We may have a data point soon, as Jewel goes into dry dock tomorrow, and Izumi was planned to go into the Seaview Cafe spot.

Personally I would much rather see Sabor. I think it was you who mentioned in a different thread that Sabor would appeal to a much wider audience.

Personally I would much rather see Sabor. I think it was you who mentioned in a different thread that Sabor would appeal to a much wider audience.

Yes, that was by gut feel, though I have no real data to back that up.

Isn't it Rita's on Serenade? From what I heard Rita's on either Allure or Oasis was EMPTY as well but packed now that it's Sabor.

Correct, I don't believe Sabor has made it to any Radiance class ship yet.

That's what I thought. Just read a review of Rita's on another site and it wasn't favourable.

On Radiance class ships Rita's is more of a snack place. I don't believe it serves full meals. One of Royal's more dismal moves, along with putting 20 specialty restaurant on Radiance.

OK, I exaggerate, I think it was only 18.

Sabor gets our vote, green stuff is very good:D

Hopefully they consider for Adventure and Jewel, we will find out soon

Sabor on Allure always had people waiting to get in at 11:30 opening time and

Would say 1/2 full on opening, we enjoyed a couple of times.

Now if Adventure only has Chops and Giovanni's , will be a 3/4 for us:D

On Radiance class ships Rita's is more of a snack place. I don't believe it serves full meals. One of Royal's more dismal moves, along with putting 20 specialty restaurant on Radiance.

OK, I exaggerate, I think it was only 18.

LOL

I certainly don't fault them for trying different restaurants on different ships but I don't understand keeping one version of a Mexican restaurant that is obviously not performing well up and running while they clearly have a winning format for another Mexican restaurant. You would think that doing a conversion to the new format could be done while the ship is still in service. Yes they may have to shut the restaurant down for a while to do the renovations but it would pay off in the long run.

LOL

I certainly don't fault them for trying different restaurants on different ships but I don't understand keeping one version of a Mexican restaurant that is obviously not performing well up and running while they clearly have a winning format for another Mexican restaurant. You would think that doing a conversion to the new format could be done while the ship is still in service. Yes they may have to shut the restaurant down for a while to do the renovations but it would pay off in the long run.

You're confusing the issue wth logic again.

Sabor gets our vote, green stuff is very good:D

Hopefully they consider for Adventure and Jewel, we will find out soon

Sabor on Allure always had people waiting to get in at 11:30 opening time and

Would say 1/2 full on opening, we enjoyed a couple of times.

Now if Adventure only has Chops and Giovanni's , will be a 3/4 for us:D

I didn't think this would happen but the kids actually prefer Giovanni's over Chops. The only thing that Toby misses from Chops is the bacon.

When you say "new staterooms," do you mean they are adding additional staterooms somewhere, or that they are redecorating the old ones? Or both?

Adding additional staterooms to deck 12 and deck 3.

When you say "new staterooms," do you mean they are adding additional staterooms somewhere, or that they are redecorating the old ones? Or both?

I'm assuming that they will add cabins to deck 12 like they did on Explorer, Navigator, Freedom and Liberty as well as a few other areas of the ship and freshen up the existing cabins.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=12&shipCode=EX&shipProfile=1676&sailDate=1160412&hasNavigation=false

I didn't think this would happen but the kids actually prefer Giovanni's over Chops. The only thing that Toby misses from Chops is the bacon.

Even for us eating at Chops twice and Giovanni's only once was a first.

We had good experiences at Chops and the steak that week actually WAS better than Giovanni's.

Mind you lemons in Italian restaurants could be to blame.

Danish or Canadian Bacon, can't beat it:)

Off topic: Did you see the dive link, very reasonable.