Water & Pop as luggage to the room?

swmrgrl

I think I saw a post somewhere where you can check your water/pop with a luggage tag that will be sent to the room. If its packed in a large heavy duty,zippered bag and tagged will this work?

DCL is very clear that ALL beverages are to be in your carry on luggage. That is not to say that a porter (who doesn't work for DCL) won't take it because they want a tip. But if DCL identifies beverages in your checked luggage, they can confiscate it and return it to you at the end of the cruise. And if you do get it on and anything bursts open and causes damage to the property of another guest, you are held liable for cost of cleaning or replacement.

Please don't try to put beverages in checked luggage. You obviously haven't seen how the luggage is handled!

The main problem with water and other liquids in the checked luggage is possible leakage. As Moki's mommy pointed out, terminal and lines tend to bounce bags round. If a bottle plastic or glass break and starts leaking,other passenger bags and property can be damaged.:eek:

Not to mention you will be paying the damage and cleaning costs.:(

It is simply is just not a good idea!:confused:

AKK

Pop can not be checked with luggage , he must check in with Mom .[emoji6]

That made my day !! :)

I worked in the baggage area at Orlando Airport for 13 years. I cannot even begin to estimate how many bags came through dripping and with the contents soaked with booze and broken glass. They can't be loaded aboard the aircraft like that, because (1) the booze is flammable, and (2) it contaminates any other bags it comes in contact with.

There was an old Samsonite luggage commercial showing a gorilla tossing suitcases around. That mental picture should be enough to make you think twice about packing liquids like that in suitcases.

Thanks everyone. I wasn't planning to put it in a suitcase, but thought it was ok if it was a case that was labelled. No problem. I travel using Pelican cases for all my toiletries so there are never accidents in my luggage. I guess the pier workers handle luggage like the airlines do. Yikes! I've had handles and wheels broken off many times and it gets expensive to repair.