What has been a nice suprise on a cruise

marshhawk

The first time I ever walked onto a cruise ship, the Celebrity Constellation, to be greeted with champagne and mimosas. Too bad not all cruise lines do this.

Yes, it is a nice touch. I love these type of classy things.

on my very first cruise on the "Marco Polo" (a present for my mom) we just had finished the main course and the waiter asked us what we would like for Desert.

I was so full from the meal I was not up to any desert so I said to him "I want nothing"

An I got "nothing"

The rest of table got their plates and I got one as well and thought already "Oh no, I can not eat anything"

The kitchen was so sweet, they had a plate for me with chocolate Sauce written "Nothing" on it

That was a really suprise and made me smile

On my first (and so far, only) cruise, I was with my husband and 10 other family members. We're Kiwis and have a unique sense of humour. Luckily, our main waiter "got' us and would banter with us every night.

One night, I went to the loo after ordering dessert. I came back to see the 2 waiters standing back to back behind my seat. My plate was covered by a room service tray, which had a butter dish, condiments and other dishes piled on top of and around it like a fort. My family and our waiters collapsed in to hysterics at my surprised look. Turned out, one of my cousins had thought my dessert looked nice so swiped a spoonfull. Our waiter was horrified (in a good way), so had brought me out a replacement and then constructed the fort to protect it.

I couldn't think of anything until I started reading other guests' memories.

1. On our cruise last month, we were playing Trivia on the first night and another couple came over and said my name -- with a question mark behind it. It was a very nice couple from our November cruise -- and the other half of our Trivia team on that cruise. What a fun surprise!!! (We are going to visit them this summer on our trip north.)

2. Seeing crew members from previous cruises -- and having them remember us and ask about family members that weren't with us this time. How nice!

3. On our first cruise ever, we had ten family members -- and we usually had difficult choosing our desserts each evening. One night my brother-in-law turned to our waiter and said "Bring us one of everything!". The waiter loved it and we had a bonanza of desserts in the center of the table! We were all standing up to take pictures of the bounty and then took bites and passed the sweets around the table. We laughed and sampled and laughed some more. One of my favorite cruise memories!

4. Don't know if this qualifies as a surprise, but on the same cruise, my niece left the table for a moment and we passed the camera around and each made a goofy face as we took individual pictures of each other -- even Grandma made a weird face for the photo! -- then we just sat back and waited until she found the nine mugshots on her camera!