Stone Castle Cameo Factory

kelkel2

We will be back in Roatan with NCL in January and on a previous cruise we did a tour to the cameo factory. Does anyone have any knowledge of how close it is to Coxen Hole? Is it close enough to walk? Last time we were in port we were with Carnival and at Mahogany Bay and I know that port isn't close. However, NCL and other lines use the downtown port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 5 months later...

Has anyone been there lately? Is there a tour or just a store? How far is from Mahogany Bay? Going on a monkey and snorkeling tour with Daniel Johnson and was wondering if I should include this in one of the stops, do on our own or skip.

• 4 weeks later...

It is a store, but you can see people working in the back if you are lucky enough! We went last month and I couldn't find anything this time, but the last time I purchased a beautiful cameo that I have framed. It is signed by the owner who saw us in the shop and talked with us. His work has been shown at the Met in NYC. A great gift of art that he is sharing with the people of Honduras.

Some absolutely stunning pieces and worth a stop if you have time.

• 4 weeks later...