Social package....NOT!

pbmsmile

I was on the Breeze in December and I too bought the "social media" package and my snapchat never worked either. I only had access to twitter and fb

This was our experience on Liberty in January,also.

Bought it on my 8-day on the Breeze last year and it worked perfectly.

Some of us have kids at home we need to check-in with, thus immediately turning off our phones and putting them away for the entirety of the vacation is not practical. $25 to message back home daily and make sure everything is okay is a steal! Posting pics was just an added bonus.

I bought it on the Elation last September so I could stay in touch with my children at home. The messenger app worked great. But the call feature was a bit spotty and slow. It worked well enough to check in with the kids. A couple of my friends who were traveling with me on the ship ended up getting the package so we could find each other. It was well worth it to me. I didn't try to use any other social media than Facebook. On our upcoming family cruise in October, I plan to purchase it so my kids and I can find each other on the ship.

Plus, posting vacation envy pics will be fun. To each their own!

hahaha yes!!! We always cruise in November/December so my sick, twisted sense of humor always enjoys posting my pics during...just a little* (*a lot) to torment the folks dealing with winter at home. While winter in Dallas/Fort Worth is not the same as our northern neighbors, it's still winter and we don't winter well :D. Plus, I find that I'm in such a cruise depression when I arrive back that if I don't post pics during, it takes me forever to do so when I return. I'll be purchasing it again on the Splendor in November. It was a great way for those in our group of 24 last year that purchased it to find each other on the ship via fb messenger.

We were on the Liberty last week. Got the social package. It was $18 for a 5 day cruise. Facebook worked fine for us the entire time. So did instagram and pinterest. I don't snapchat so I couldn't say anything about that. Imessage worked too but sending a photo over it didn't always work.

We just got back from a B2B onboard the Glory and had the social package ($25 each week) for both weeks. And while it was wonderful to have access to Facebook while on board- the plan clearly states Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram (LIES!!!) LOL I was unable to get any updates on anything but Facebook and neither could anyone else I talked to. When I asked the tech person they said "yes that is a problem we are having with the program".

I have an Android so I don't know if the issue was the same with IPhones also??? I would have purchased the plan just for Facebook alone so I could stay in touch with my kids but I wanted to be sure others understood that even though the plan lists all the other apps...they were not a working part of it.

Both me and my sister bought the "Social" package as well. She was able to send voice messages and photos via WhatsApp, but I could only send text messages. We tried checking all the settings, etc. and everything was the same. I was able to upload pics (videos took a day to upload) to FB.

Both of us also had problems with FB, it wasn't updating, we were getting the same old stories from Sunday on Friday lol

Not a deal killer, but I did get the Social program because my daughter was sick and I needed to keep in touch. Thankfully she wasn't admitted, but the WhatsApp really helped :)

Would I get it again? $25 to keep in touch for the week via text is pretty good.