Infinity Pacific Coastal Cruise 05/2017 - Newbie Questions!

PearlRose

Hello all,

My fiance and I just got back from our very first cruise, which was a big success thanks to all the helpful advice I was able to find on the boards and from fellow posters around here.

We're looking at the Celebrity Infinity Pacific Coastal Cruise that leaves May 17, 2017 for our honeymoon. We're definitely sure that that's the cruise we're interested in, and we really like the length and the ports of call scheduled.

I've got a few questions though. I know this is a pretty popular cruise, since the autumn one tends to get leased by companies along the route, and this is a very unique kind of re-positioning trip.

We're looking to book it soon, but I'm not sure what's the best way to go about doing so? Is it more advantageous to do so through the site? Is there an optimal time to make a reservation?

I just get so overwhelmed by the choosing process, and I want this one to be nice. Any advice would be really appreciated.

We are on the May 2016 cruise - we booked on board, over a year before the sail date. I watched prices because if there is a price drop before final payment you can get the reduced price. Prices went up - categories "sold out" months ahead of time. I make final payment - all of a sudden, many cabins for sale at reduced prices which of course now I can't get - but we did get a bit of an upgrade. Just an extra note - you do not have your location in your roll call name - if you are in the UK, the rules are different.

So......if the price and perks are acceptable now, book and watch. In the future, I am planning to book the lowest category I could be happy with and then try to upgrade after final payment. Good luck and wishing you a very happy honeymoon!

Edited by suec12

Usually, I have found that booking onboard offers a pretty good deal, along with transferring it to a T A. It is always good to check prices at the big box companies, along with Celebrity and their perks. If you want a specific cabin, you usually have a better chance booking earlier. Since it is for your honeymoon, you don't want to wait until just a couple weeks before when the prices can really drop. So, do some comparison shopping and look at what others have mentioned regarding certain cabins...

So glad you had a great cruise experience!

We're also booked on this cruise - it's the best coastal itinerary I've seen in a long time. We've booked it as a B2B, staying on for the 1st Alaska cruise of the season. The repositioning cruises are very popular, though this one seems to be priced higher than prior ones we've been on. They also often don't offer the perks that you can usually get on other cruises - don't know why, maybe just because they are so popular that they know they'll be booked even without the perks. If your cabin location or category is important to you, then book now; if it's not important, keep checking to see that there are plenty of cabins available, then book right after final payment date (75 days prior to sailing).

We just booked the Oct. 1, 2017 California coastal sailing in a AQ deck 9 cabin.....we used our travel agent and received a $300 OBC along with the added beverage package. Usually you can receive something extra booking through an agent.....we have easy cancellation up until three months before with a $250 pp deposit.

Hello all,

My fiance and I just got back from our very first cruise, which was a big success thanks to all the helpful advice I was able to find on the boards and from fellow posters around here.

We're looking at the Celebrity Infinity Pacific Coastal Cruise that leaves May 17, 2017 for our honeymoon. We're definitely sure that that's the cruise we're interested in, and we really like the length and the ports of call scheduled.

I've got a few questions though. I know this is a pretty popular cruise, since the autumn one tends to get leased by companies along the route, and this is a very unique kind of re-positioning trip.

We're looking to book it soon, but I'm not sure what's the best way to go about doing so? Is it more advantageous to do so through the site? Is there an optimal time to make a reservation?

I just get so overwhelmed by the choosing process, and I want this one to be nice. Any advice would be really appreciated.

You can do it online but since you're somewhat new at it just call the number on the website. You may have to wait a bit to get through but when you do I think you will find them very helpful walking through the process. Then if you have a travel agent you can transfer it to them. I prefer to not transfer it because I like to manage my booking myself. If you give it to a TA Celebrity will only deal with them if you have any questions or want to make changes. I check the website every few weeks to see if there has been a price drop and if so I call Celebrity to get the change. After final payment you cannot get a price change if the price goes down.

If you prefer not to deal with anything you can, of course, use a TA to do the whole reservation.

Hope this isn't too confusing and helps.

We have done Pacific Coastal twice and it's one of my favorites. Would love to do it again.

Linda

Forgot to mention that if you can get one of the very aft cabins they are great and have bigger balconies. It is quite nice to watch the wake and relax on that balcony. You may be going for a suite for your honeymoon and there are aft suite cabins, too. It's good to check the deck plans and see what is above your room for potential noise issues. Many people will only book cabins that are below cabins and avoid being below the pool area or buffet.

Linda