Upgrade to Beverage Package?

mengel246

I currently have the dining and internet package but I'm trying to decide if I should pay around $190 to "upgrade" (?) to the beverage package instead. My husband isn't a big drinker but definitely would drink a few drinks. I like to have 1-2 (let's not lie.. 2) drinks with dinner.. usually wine but have been getting into mixed drinks a lot lately. And on vacation the drinking game might go up (we're traveling with two toddlers).

Is it worth it to do the drink plan or just pay per drinks?

We are traveling on the Getaway this weekend if that makes a difference.

You will need to drink about 1.5 alcoholic drinks per day to break even, or one alcohol and one soda.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is a little bit of an oversimplified, you are also giving up a perk in the switch so you might want to decide how much the internet perk is worth to you. For some it could be almost zero value, for others, more like $100.

It would probably be more fun to just get it and enjoy drinks without worry about cost. No thinking, geez, that drink wasn't very good for $13. I think about half the popularity of the plan is just the freedom that comes with being on it.

This is a little bit of an oversimplified, you are also giving up a perk in the switch so you might want to decide how much the internet perk is worth to you. For some it could be almost zero value, for others, more like $100.

It would probably be more fun to just get it and enjoy drinks without worry about cost. No thinking, geez, that drink wasn't very good for $13. I think about half the popularity of the plan is just the freedom that comes with being on it.

I was kind of hoping to not have any internet available and to be able to disconnect from emails and social media for a week and have more time with family/husband. Having it available would definitely make it so I would use it (even if I said I wouldn't.. I would). I was estimating drinks to be around $13-$18 a drink and told my husband that if we had 13 drinks at $15/drink (I could easily do that alone) it would cost more than the upgrade. He told me he wants to think about it tonight..

My favorite thing about the drink package is just not having to worry about the bill. I've done cruises with them and without them. On the cruises without them, I tend to fret about the bill or wonder "how much was that pretty drink I just ordered?" Even if I don't break even exactly, for me, it's worth the peace of mind :) On the other hand, my husband loves knowing he's getting his money's worth, which has once cost us an early morning excursion due to a hangover :o

Food for thought!

I was kind of hoping to not have any internet available and to be able to disconnect from emails and social media for a week and have more time with family/husband. Having it available would definitely make it so I would use it (even if I said I wouldn't.. I would). I was estimating drinks to be around $13-$18 a drink and told my husband that if we had 13 drinks at $15/drink (I could easily do that alone) it would cost more than the upgrade. He told me he wants to think about it tonight..

You are pricing the drinks too high. Most were cheaper. You have to drink enough to make it worth it to you.