Carnival Mastercard. & Rewards Boost

almitra

i was wondering if the boost points was for petsmart online only or are they the same for the brick store?

Online only, through the RB shopping portal. Does not apply to the brick store. But, like me, you can put your order in online (for me, that includes giant bags of dog food that are not available for shipping), and pick up your order at the brick-and-mortar store. The order is usually ready for pick up just a couple hours after ordering.

Online only, through the RB shopping portal. Does not apply to the brick store. But, like me, you can put your order in online (for me, that includes giant bags of dog food that are not available for shipping), and pick up your order at the brick-and-mortar store. The order is usually ready for pick up just a couple hours after ordering.

How long does it usually take to get the RB points from Groupon?

I made a purchase online a few weeks ago and haven't gotten the points yet.

If I don't get the points who do I call Barclay's or Groupon?

Edited by 65stang

How long does it usually take to get the RB points from Groupon?

I made a purchase online a few weeks ago and haven't gotten the points yet.

If I don't get the points who do I call Barclay's or Groupon?

Call Barclay's, they will take care of it.

Thank you.

Do you know how long it takes to get the extra points or how long I'm supposed to wait?

Every time I've made an inquiry on missing points, I get a canned response saying that it could take up to 45 days. So I set a calendar notice and if by the 45-day period I haven't gotten anything, I send my inquiry at that time. Usually it isn't too long after that and they will be credited. It's a pain, but you have to be vigilant and keep them honest!

Every time I've made an inquiry on missing points, I get a canned response saying that it could take up to 45 days. So I set a calendar notice and if by the 45-day period I haven't gotten anything, I send my inquiry at that time. Usually it isn't too long after that and they will be credited. It's a pain, but you have to be vigilant and keep them honest!

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

After several emails back and forth, I finally received a letter stating that my account will be credited for the missing bonus points for using the TireBuyer.com link. So, while it took quite a while, they did eventually come through. Just another one to be sure and keep an eye on!

Another good one:

Shoebuy dot com. 6 point multiplier, and the points were awarded within 2 days of my purchase. (in fact, I got the points faster than I got the shoes. Hopefully the shoes will be arriving today.)

Edited by ShakyBeef

The best way to redeem your FunPoints is on a Carnival purchase of $1500 or more. That gives you the better redemption rate. A $1500 statement credit will "cost" you 100,000 FPs, whereas a $1499 statement credit will cost you 14,900 FPs. So the best time to redeem points really depends on if you will have 100,000 or more FPs accumulated / if you will have a Carnival brand purchase of $1500 or more. You have 180 days from the date of the qualifying purchase to redeem points toward it. Although you run out of time to redeem for particular purchases, your FunPoints don't expire. So if you don't have 100,000 FPs to cash in, I'd recommend waiting until you do. But since you pretty much said you don't want to do that - I would say the best time that fits within your parameters to redeem the points is whenever you have the largest amount of FPs within the 180 day window of the purchase you want to put them towards.

I hope this helps.:o

Hi, I'm glad I found this thread! I don't have the Carnival mastercard right now, but have been thinking about applying for it.

Just to make sure I'm reading this right. To get the most value from the points, I'd need to make a charge to Carnival for at least $1,500 and I could then pay it off with 100,000 points. If I didn't quite have the 100,000 points saved up, I'd have up to 180 days to acquire them and then apply it to my charge. If I'd already paid off my credit card statement that included the $1,500 to carnival, I would just end up with a statement credit for that amount.

At that rate, without the boosters or any bonus points when you receive your card, that would give a 1.5% return if I'm figuring it correctly.

Does that sound right?

Thanks!

Another good one:

Shoebuy dot com. 6 point multiplier, and the points were awarded within 2 days of my purchase. (in fact, I got the points faster than I got the shoes. Hopefully the shoes will be arriving today.)

Good to know! I was considering using them for a purchase a little while back, but I received a pair of shoes I was eyeing as a birthday gift before I could try them. Thanks for the update!

Hi, I'm glad I found this thread! I don't have the Carnival mastercard right now, but have been thinking about applying for it.

I'll try to help as I understand it. I may not be 100% on these either and if not, someone can correct us both!

Just to make sure I'm reading this right. To get the most value from the points, I'd need to make a charge to Carnival for at least $1,500 and I could then pay it off with 100,000 points.

Correct.

If I didn't quite have the 100,000 points saved up, I'd have up to 180 days to acquire them and then apply it to my charge.

You could do this, yes. However, if you only had a balance of say 50,000 points, you could still apply them if you wanted to. If you apply them to a balance of $1,500, you would still get the 1.5x multiplier so it would get you a $750 statement credit and leave $750 for you to pay normally.

If I'd already paid off my credit card statement that included the $1,500 to carnival, I would just end up with a statement credit for that amount.

I don't think it works like that, but perhaps someone else can clarify.

At that rate, without the boosters or any bonus points when you receive your card, that would give a 1.5% return if I'm figuring it correctly.

Does that sound right?

You will always get a 1% return with whatever amount of points you redeem. When you redeem them for a statement credit that includes any Carnival charge of $1,500 or more, then your return bumps to 1.5%. That's the way I've understood it.

Edited by zeroyankee

• 3 weeks later...

Have I mentioned that I love Drugstore dotcom? 4 extra FPS per dollar, fast, free shipping, huge inventory, decent prices, usually include a free sample with each shipment, post points to my account fast

...and now, I find I love shopping with them (through RewardsBoost, of course) even more. The other day, I logged onto RB to buy an item. It turned out that Drugstore had it the cheapest and for the most points per dollar. So I bought it from them. Upon checkout, I was informed that I had $13.50 "Drugstore Dotcom Dollars" (or something like that), and asked if I wanted to apply it to my purchase. I clicked "Yes" and took the discount, thinking at the time that I was now forfeiting my RB FPs for that purchase (due to the fine print that says [paraphrased]: "not eligible in combination with any other offer" upon entry to each store site from the RB portal). A couple days later, lo and behold, Drugstore awarded me the RB FPs as well as the "Drugstore Dollars"!:)

This RB retailer is definitely one of the good ones, y'all!;)

Upon checkout, I was informed that I had $13.50 "Drugstore Dotcom Dollars" (or something like that), and asked if I wanted to apply it to my purchase. I clicked "Yes" and took the discount, thinking at the time that I was now forfeiting my RB FPs for that purchase (due to the fine print that says [paraphrased]: "not eligible in combination with any other offer" upon entry to each store site from the RB portal). A couple days later, lo and behold, Drugstore awarded me the RB FPs as well as the "Drugstore Dollars"!:)

This RB retailer is definitely one of the good ones, y'all!;)

Probably a good thing you used those "dollars" up.

That program is ending.

On September 30, 2016, we will be ending our drugstore.com dollars™ program.

You can still earn drugstore.com dollars™ until August 13, 2016. After that, you can redeem all of your drugstore.com dollars™ in a redemption-only period from August 14 – September 30, 2016.

After September 30, 2016, all unused drugstore.com dollars™ will expire and the entire program will end.

If you have further questions, contact us at 1-800-drugstore.

• 4 weeks later...

In the spirit of continuing to share our experiences with the "good guys" and the "bad guys" (blacklist candidates) of RewardsBoost retailers:

Some of my recent RB shopping experiences:

The Good Guys

• Campmor - 4 extra FPs per $ - points awarded within 3 days of purchase
  • Drugstore dot com (again) - 4 extra FPs per $ - points awarded 4 days after purchase
  • Walmart dot com - 2 extra FPs per $ - points awarded 5 days after purchase
  • Petsmart - 4 extra FPs per $ - points awarded 13 days after purchase (this time they were a little slow with the points, but I'm still happy with them.)
  • Solutions - 2 extra FPs per $ - points awarded 2 days after purchase
  • Discount Contact Lenses - 5 extra FPs per $ - awarded 2 days after purchase
  • Home Depot - 2 extra FPs per $ - awarded 2 days after purchase
  • Harry & David - 4 extra FPs per $ - awarded 2 days after purchase
  • Sears - 3 extra FPs per $ - award 4 days after purchase

The Bad Guys

• Barnes & Noble - still haven't seen any RB points from them for a purchase made in March. Said order didn't even arrive until July.:mad:

Shaky, anytime I see a discrepency from my RewardsBoost vendor not awarding points I just call Barclay about it and they fix it every single time. :)

I used to do that and be really vigilant about it, but I've gotten lazy about it over the last few years, and now I don't bother unless it's over 500 points or so.

I used to get the run-around between Barclays and the retailers, each telling me that the problem is on the other's end, and to call them. I usually, eventually got my points, but it was such a PITA that I decided to just start "blacklisting" retailers that didn't automatically give me my points.

It sounds like, from what you've reported, that Barclays has gotten better about dealing with these situations, so maybe I'll give them another chance, and call them up next time I don't get my points. If it's not a PITA, it might be worth doing. Thanks for the report!:)

• 1 month later...