Lifeboat drill first day

Hi

I wonder if anyone could answer this question. I will be joining Thomson Celebration on 19th May in Dubrovnik. As I will land at 9.30 am and the ship does not depart until 10pm, after checking in at port I would like to book a walking tour in the old town. Does anyone know what time we have to be back on board? Is this affected by when life boat drill is? I have tried to get an answer from Thomson but no one will give the same time it has range from mid afternoon, maybe n hour before departure etc

We did this cruise last year and will be going again in September, we did not stop at Rijeka or Durres and have never done them so any info you can provide when you have been would be good. Don't know how long you are going for but last year when we returned to Dubrovnik it was in the afternoon giving you plenty of time to do an evening trip into town.

Great question susie38, I was wondering just the same thing, we go in july on the same flight by the sounds of it. I think there should be plenty of time, 10 euro taxi fare there and back even cheaper if you can find someone to share with.

Have a great holiday please let us know how you went on.

Rick.

Looked back my Cruise News from July last year. It says 'Please be back onboard ship by 5.30pm for General Emergency Drill at 6pm'.

But what if you are not back?

We are on the same cruise, and arriving 10ish so on board 11/11.30 i suppose. Seems a shame to only have a few hours to explore dubrovinic and then have to head back, if the boat does not then leave until 10pm.

We are on the same cruise, and arriving 10ish so on board 11/11.30 i suppose. Seems a shame to only have a few hours to explore dubrovinic and then have to head back, if the boat does not then leave until 10pm.

Have a word with the captain when you board, im quite sure he will re schedule everything to suit you.

Have a word with the captain when you board, im quite sure he will re schedule everything to suit you.

its just a bit daft to advertise it as a day in Dubrovnic but in fact you really have 4 hours and then have to come back (and then 2 hours afterwards maybe)

Just seems simplest to arrange when the boat is ready to sail and everyone is on board.

Certainly did thank you just one problem flooded cabin & Mrs PC came down with something which she has just got over(5weeks), now looking forward to our next one in September, and booking next years, think Caribbean is out with the new prices, should have booked earlier.

You cannot guarantee the timing of the drill to be as quoted in Cruise News - or even to be the time given by your rep on the journey from the airport to the ship - circumstances onboard can change unexpectedly. On our last cruise the muster was scheduled for 8 p.m. but was brought forward to 6 p.m. with only a few hours notice - as all passengers had returned to the ship by the requested time of 5.30 p.m. this didn't cause problems.

It is mandatory Maritime law that you cannot sail without having done the drill so surely it is not worth risking returning later than the scheduled time and causing difficulties to the crew.

It is also not unknown for the ship to sail earlier than anticipated - on 2 occasions we have been on the Dream when it has sailed over an hour earlier than the scheduled time.

You cannot guarantee the timing of the drill to be as quoted in Cruise News - or even to be the time given by your rep on the journey from the airport to the ship - circumstances onboard can change unexpectedly. On our last cruise the muster was scheduled for 8 p.m. but was brought forward to 6 p.m. with only a few hours notice - as all passengers had returned to the ship by the requested time of 5.30 p.m. this didn't cause problems.

It is mandatory Maritime law that you cannot sail without having done the drill so surely it is not worth risking returning later than the scheduled time and causing difficulties to the crew.

It is also not unknown for the ship to sail earlier than anticipated - on 2 occasions we have been on the Dream when it has sailed over an hour earlier than the scheduled time.

On our first cruise on the Dream in 2012 we didn't have muster until the morning after we sailed at 10.00 am!!!

Certainly did thank you just one problem flooded cabin & Mrs PC came down with something which she has just got over(5weeks), now looking forward to our next one in September, and booking next years, think Caribbean is out with the new prices, should have booked earlier.

Oh sorry to hear that Pensioncruiser hope it didn't effect your holiday too badly.

On our first cruise on the Dream in 2012 we didn't have muster until the morning after we sailed at 10.00 am!!!

Oh - apologies if I am wrong but I thought lifeboat drill pre-sailing has been law since the Costa Concordia disaster in January 2012.

Edited by campolady

Our first cruise on dream drill was in morning of day at sea this was on dream 2011 our second cruise also on the dream we received a brief demonstration on board the coach as we arrived later and drill had already taken place this was in 2012. This was due to the new laws that all passengers had to have drill before sailing. On all our cruises after this date muster drill has been at approx 7pm on arrival day

Oh sorry to hear that Pensioncruiser hope it didn't effect your holiday too badly.

Thanks for that All-afloaty we did have a great time, just did all beaches this time as in the past we have visited most of the islands several times and Thomson did look after us.:rolleyes: