Premium Tea - What is it?

kplayne

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I've searched all over and can't find an answer.

What exactly is meant by "Unlimited Premium Tea" with the coffee cards? As in what are the premium teas included in this, and how do they differ from tea of the non-premium sort.

As a non-coffee drinker, this is going to make or break whether or not it's worth it to me to buy the coffee card.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out with this!

I believe there is a cost associated with it[$1.25]-it appears it is new on the Regal and Royal which has a lot of selections? On the Caribbean Princess I think there maybe earl gray-brkfst-some fruit flavors you can buy./coffee card use at the Int'l cafe. I believe its fresh leaves vs the packaged bags which are available in Horizon-cafe-MDR,etc

The tea associated with the coffee card for included without punches on the cruise the card is obtained is Mighty Leaf tea bags.

On the Regal (April 3, 2016 sailing), the tea from the Tea Tower could be obtained with a punch on the coffee card or thru regular purchase.

And I would describe Mighty Leaf tea as "premium." My hubby loves the White Orchard Mighty Leaf tea in International Café. He drinks a big pot of it several times a day while onboard. When I tried to buy some for him on the internet for his birthday, I discovered it sells for almost $1/bag!

Thanks everyone who replied. This is very helpful, exactly the information I was looking for! The premium tea sounds great, I think definitely worth it.

I'm not sure what the tea tower is, but it sounds amazing and I'm excited that it's included for a punch!!

And I would describe Mighty Leaf tea as "premium." My hubby loves the White Orchard Mighty Leaf tea in International Café. He drinks a big pot of it several times a day while onboard. When I tried to buy some for him on the internet for his birthday, I discovered it sells for almost $1/bag!

That's my favorite, too. It also makes great iced tea. I get a large size cup of it in the a.m. and put it in the refrigerator, and then I take it with me to lunch.

The green jasmine is my second favorite.

Edited by FritzG

Asked my DW who is the house tea expert. Premiums include a variety of Mighty Leaf teas, her fav is Vanilla Bean. On longer cruises she gets to know the Barrista at the IC and can usually get an extra bag to take to the MDR and then only needs hot water. If you like to eat a meal or dessert at the IC there are no free drinks there unless you are using your coffee card to get tea or coffee. Can then get things like iced tea or coffee by asking them to put the brewed over ice. If you drink much tea or coffee during a day the CC is the Best Buy on the ship. Remember you always have those 15 drink punches and you can be a big sport and occasionally treat a friend or even a stranger to a drink. Usually gets a big smile in return

• 9 months later...
What are the unlimited teas on coffee card can they be iced

On the Royal/Regal they had "fancy" infusion type iced teas; they required a punch.

I only ordered iced tea once in IC, and they poured weak tea over ice which was pretty terrible. It didn't require a punch.

What works best for me is to get a large hot tea in the morning which I put it in the cabin refrigerator to drink later as iced tea.

What is the Tea Tower noted on The Royals web site?

Here's some info I found in another area of CC:

Featuring a tea sommelier and a choice of 250 blends, tea lovers will revel in Regal Princess’ unique tea tower located in the ship’s central Piazza. Here guests can enjoy pre-blended tea varieties or create their own custom flavors. The ship’s tea sommelier, an expert on tea blends, hosts tea tasting events and a new Regal Afternoon Tea Experience, inspired by some of the most famous tea spots in London. Also posted a picture of the Tea Towers.

1479580359_Teatower.jpg.3b634e303081f56751aa47c39ac3a71c.jpg

Edited by PrincessNancy

Here's some info I found in another area of CC:

Featuring a tea sommelier and a choice of 250 blends, tea lovers will revel in Regal Princess’ unique tea tower located in the ship’s central Piazza. Here guests can enjoy pre-blended tea varieties or create their own custom flavors. The ship’s tea sommelier, an expert on tea blends, hosts tea tasting events and a new Regal Afternoon Tea Experience, inspired by some of the most famous tea spots in London. Also posted a picture of the Tea Towers.

I never met the sommelier, but one of the amazing waitresses made me a blend when she heard that I liked ginger. I can be a bit of a tea snob, preferring loose to bagged - I really enjoyed the teas in the IC.

Deb