Escape H6 14300 windows in the bathroom

bsalamon

We have booked 14300 for the 9/10/16 sailing and we are seeking comments from anyone that has experienced this cabin before. It appears that the shower and tub in this cabin has a window facing the deck. Are there curtains on these windows? Can you see into the shower from outside on the deck? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

We have booked 14300 for the 9/10/16 sailing and we are seeking comments from anyone that has experienced this cabin before. It appears that the shower and tub in this cabin has a window facing the deck. Are there curtains on these windows? Can you see into the shower from outside on the deck? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I have yet go on my cruise on the escape, but in researching my room I found this video on youtube....it does show shades you can draw on the windows!

Hope it helps answer your question.

Edited by JennaMae

• 3 weeks later...

why do you think they are facing the deck? I do not see any evidence for that when I look at the video or the pictures I found on the net.

After a little more research, there are shades but they apparently are solar shades, but don't stop people from seeing in the windows...here is another video with someone talking about the shades and a picture of shade partly drawn

281730436_ScreenShot2016-04-26at1_58_37PM.jpg.409b7bac148df09b6d2b5a837585d71c.jpg

Edited by JennaMae

I guess I'm unclear on the question... in looking at the deck plans, I don't see how the windows are facing the deck. By "deck" do you mean the private balcony? Wouldn't the only ones that are going to be out there be people from your family?

All it would take would be a "hey kids, you can't sit on the balcony, Mommy's going to take a shower"?

If the shower window happens to be on the port side of the ship, there's no way anyone from below would be able to see into the window.

I guess I'm unclear on the question... in looking at the deck plans, I don't see how the windows are facing the deck. By "deck" do you mean the private balcony? Wouldn't the only ones that are going to be out there be people from your family?

All it would take would be a "hey kids, you can't sit on the balcony, Mommy's going to take a shower"?

If the shower window happens to be on the port side of the ship, there's no way anyone from below would be able to see into the window.

I think the OP, just wondered as the windows directly over look the balcony (in some but not all Haven Aft) and not everyone is traveling with kids and even if they are they may just want some privacy when bathing or showering, without having to ban others from using the balcony....

On Escape, H6 decks 11 & 14 have that configuration. The master bathroom has an ocean view.

The only people that could "see" into the bathroom are people that are sharing the stateroom with you.

If it is a major concern, try a different H6 deck. In those, there is no window/view in the master bathroom but the master bedroom has a 2nd balcony door.

But the question still unanswered is -- if you pull down the shades in the bathroom by the tub or shower, can people sitting on your deck still see you in the tub or shower? I understand they would probably be your family members, but do the blinds block their view?

I would be interested in knowing the answer if anyone has had first hand experience. Thank you.