Clyde Best Lane

billyvegas

Hi, I am a massive West Ham United F.C. fan of 54 years (season ticket holder for 36 years). I am visiting Bermuda on the Celebrity Summit in June and would love to go to Somerset and have my photo taken at the Clyde Best Lane sign. He is a big reason why I am actually visiting. As a kid I always said I wanted to go to Bermuda one day, as that is where Clyde Best is from, over the years I have also said the same to my Wife. I saw a youtube video from 2014 showing the naming ceremony of Clyde Best Lane (part of Broome Street) and now I am coming to see the beautiful island. Anyway my question is, how easy is it to get there from the port?

Thanks in advance

Billy

It would be quite easy, assuming your cruise ship will dock at the Dockyard. Clyde Best Lane is about 3.5 miles (or 5.4KM) from the Dockyard.

Board a #7 or #8 bus and tell the bus driver your destination (Clyde Best Lane). Have your fare ready before boarding; exact change only, no bills, token or transportation pass; and the driver does not make change.

Clyde Best Lane is located just off the bus route.

SBtS

Hi, I am a massive West Ham United F.C. fan of 54 years (season ticket holder for 36 years). I am visiting Bermuda on the Celebrity Summit in June and would love to go to Somerset and have my photo taken at the Clyde Best Lane sign. He is a big reason why I am actually visiting. As a kid I always said I wanted to go to Bermuda one day, as that is where Clyde Best is from, over the years I have also said the same to my Wife. I saw a youtube video from 2014 showing the naming ceremony of Clyde Best Lane (part of Broome Street) and now I am coming to see the beautiful island. Anyway my question is, how easy is it to get there from the port?

Thanks in advance

Billy

Somerset is pretty close to the Dockyard. You could take a taxi, and have the driver wait while you take some photos. Looking at Google Maps Broome Street it looks like it would be easy to get to the street from the #7, #8 bus routes. So that is another possibility.

It would be quite easy, assuming your cruise ship will dock at the Dockyard. Clyde Best Lane is about 3.5 miles (or 5.4KM) from the Dockyard.

Board a #7 or #8 bus and tell the bus driver your destination (Clyde Best Lane). Have your fare ready before boarding; exact change only, no bills, token or transportation pass; and the driver does not make change.

Clyde Best Lane is located just off the bus route.

SBtS

Yes, the Summit will be at the Dockyard so they can get there very easily.

• 4 weeks later...
Charles have you got a rough idea what that would cost in a taxi?

Meter starts at $5.15 then $2.75 per mile. It is a little over 3 miles from the Dockyard. So I would figure about $15.00.

Edited by Charles4515