Carnival Sunshine: Curacao, Aruba and Grand Turk short review

chewie8008

Thanks! You didn't like Aruba? We loved all 3 ports. We're big beach ppl though, so I guess if you don't like beaches it isn't that great.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Nope. Didn't like it. In no rush to go back. Long story. I do love beaches, so it had nothing to do with that. Curacao is now one of my favorite ports, and we're excited to go back to Grand Turk in August.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I was on this same sailing with my BF. Due to medical issues with him (aftermath of major hip surgery) we weren't able to do everything that I wanted to do so we just hung out around the ports and on the ship.

I've been on the Sunshine when she was the Destiny, and I most definitely liked the Destiny set up better. We didn't experience any issues with our cabin nor did we have any experience with unpleasant odors.

Some of the food was good, some not so much. Maybe it's me, but Guy's burgers would go under the "not so much" column. I don't see what the big deal is about them. We ate in the MDR for most breakfasts and dinner. We had the anytime/your time dining and was able to get a 2 top every time. Service was occasionally slow.

I decided to splurge on the CHEERS package...for this trip it wasn't worth it for us. Carnival made money on us.

There were some chair hogs, but we could usually find a place to hang out.

I'm not a person to cruise on a specific ship because of the cruise director, so I have no opinions of the one here. On the last sea day, I went to bingo and the chick that headed up the bingo drove me nuts.

Guys is good IMO and I'm not a burger person. But not everyone likes them (strangely enough lol). I thought the food was really good onboard. Just so many options. We never eat breakfast in the MDR but I've heard it's good. On port days we wanna get going and on Sea days we eat something light and then try and get to the sea day brunch.

We just loved the Sunshine. Booked on her again for a short trip to Canada next year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Your pictures are very good. I'm betting NOT a phone camera. LOL We were on the Sunshine, same ports in 2015. I personally did not care for the ship, although we had a fabulous CD, Jaime Dee. Had a 4J on deck 7 and yes, could smell sewer odor in some of the hallways. We still had the old menu in MDR and our food was very good. Personally I'm not in love with Guy's Burgers. Hubby liked them but said we had far better at home places. Loved Aruba where we took a private tour of 40 people on two buses. Gran Turk was enjoyable and we did a tour of the island. Curacao we actually didn't get off as the heat and humidity when we stepped out on the front deck on 7 was awful. Was the only time we didn't feel the ship was crowded. LOL Simply do not understand Carnival's thoughts on the makeover We won't be going back on the Sunshine.

No, photos weren't taken with a phone. Just a small Canon point and shoot camera.

The walk to the bridge is maybe 10 minutes. Go along the water and through the Riff Fort and across the pontoon bridge. We sat after sunset at the Iguana Cafe by the water, ordered a drink and watched a smaller cruise ship pull out though the channel . It was pretty neat. The tugboats pull the ship away from the dock.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Edited by chewie8008