Quick Getaway review 4/10 - 4/17

ThirstyFrog203

Nice review. We were on the same cruise as well. We had a slightly different opinion. We had a good time and we didn't really have any complaints about anything. We were disappointed in the entertainment options and the lunch time dining options. Howl at The Moon was fantastic, the rest of the entertainment sucked. I have done 2 Carnival and 3 Royal cruises before this one, my first on NCL. I'd have to say NCL ranks at the bottom. I do not feel they did anything better than either of the other lines. I will say the Waterfront is a great concept and a great use of space.

The ropes course was a nice addition and the slides were fun during the day.

Again, we had a great time and can't really complain. Just wanted to share feedback from our perspective. Would I sail NCL again? Maybe for a great price or with a group of friends who prefered it. I'd rank them in order as Royal, carnival, NCL.

I do believe Flamingo had fried plaintains.

yeah we left in the middle of burn the floor. the dancers were impressive for sure but no variety and no story line.

i will also add it took longer to get drinks on NCL. only a couple times was it very long, but quicker on the other lines.

I must say I find this highly disturbing and disappointing. We sail in less than two weeks on Getaway. Our first NCL cruise, and for this sole reason, possibly our only one.

to clarify - The main pool is approx 7'5" deep. Not considered appropriate for small children. Surrounding the main pool are four hot tubs. Two of them on one side of the pool are adults only and the two on the other side are used by children and adults.

There are two bars there. Right on the other side of them is a small pool for kids and small water park and all the waterslides. You can choose deck chairs in the middle so you can keep an eye on things.

My boyfriend and I were on thus cruise. It was our first but was amazing in everyway.

Our service was great. In Savor or Taste for breakfast they wouldn't even let us put ketchup on our own eggs. If your laying out by the pool and your drink is empty they came by to fill it. I always got a napkin placed on my lap at our restaurants. We didn't like Moderno at all. If you have been to a Brazilian steak house, the meat isn't seasoned well at all like they are at the Brazilian steak houses. We didn't find it worthy of a specialty dining reservations so they credited it back to us and they surprised us with chocolate covered strawberries aND a sorry card in our room. When we first got on the ship I wanted to request a day pass at vibe. They had customer service reps walking up and down the waiting lines to help. I told them what I wanted gave them my name and room number and stepped out of line. I was only in line for not even 5 minutes. Later we went to our room and they had the passes for us,

Dining we had the cafe for breakfast for all but one morning, it was good for the mass quantity they produce. They pour all pancakes and waffles by hand. We saw them behind the station. They were fresh. Only complaint was scrambled eggs were runny. It's a buffet and it will be busy for breakfast but never had a problem finding a seat.

Cagneys was AMAZING we ate there twice. It includes apps soup entree and unlimited dessert. My bf got the 32 oz porter house I has the filet and lobster. It was perfect. IF U DON'T HAVE A DINING PACKAGE the 32 oz a la cart was only 30 bucks for high quality that would cost well over $55 at a normal place. This and ocean blue was our fav.

Ocean Blue was unlimited everything except entrees. Crab legs we filled up on for apps. UNLIMITED CRAB LEGS AND CLAWS! It was well worth the extra fee to eat here and even tipped more because service was great.

Tapanaki was great, very good compared to other types of hibachi in chicago. Our cook was singing and cracking jokes. Great energy.

Flamingo grill was excellent for lunch everyday. Always flavourful.

Savor for breakfast was almost the same as the cafe a few different items bur they serve you like a regular rest.

Taste for lunch was good. They hand batter the fish and chips. Very taste. Fries were not my fav but fish was good.

Tropicana room for dinner was goid. Nothing special except for the chocolate lava cake. So rich and tastes with ice cream. Souffle was gross though.

Shows we went to a comedy show. It was funny and wished it was linger. Howell at the moon was great. Watching the best couple and newly wed shows were hilarious and I recomend getting there early to grab seats.

We had a lrg aft balcony on floor 9. Great location and only heard spice h20 one night where our room was vibrating but not bad.

The pool area was nice. The kid area was nuce. My bf lifts for a hobby and the gym met his expectations.

I got a transfer from ncl to the port after the mIA airport when we landed. Super easy bus was cold and like brand new. Reps were standing out by the baggage area with signs. They were easy to find.

When we got off after the cruise ncl made is easy and helped us grab a taxi.

It was a great cruise.

Edited by ashleym0022

Nice review that I mostly agree with. We sailed in March in a deck 9 aft balcony. Where I differ is our experiences in Ocho Rios. I agree this is probably not a port to get off the ship to just walk around. But our family of 8 rated this the best day of the cruise. This, I think, can be attributed to planning and research (Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor). We hired a private driver for the day and did Blue Hole, White River tubing and Scotchies. We all still talk about what a special day it was.