Football games in sports bars

lktomkies

Hey everyone, I have a dumb question, but I've got to ask!

We are huge Buckeye fans cruising on the 11/19 sailing of Jewel of the Seas. November 19th happens to be the day of the Ohio State/Michigan game. The game is at noon, so should be over well before sailing at 5 p.m. Does anyone know if the Pit Stop sports bar will be open on embarkation day, and if so, any chance they'd be broadcasting this game?

Thanks!

What programming the ship can broadcast is limited by all sorts of regulations. If the game is on ESPN, you might well be able to see it. If it is on one of the major networks (NBC, ABC, or CBS) you might get it while in port but I'm not sure. If it is on in the Pit Stop, you should also be able to get it on your stateroom TV. When we were on the Jewel transatlantic we were able to catch the Patriots opener against Oakland when we were not quite to Halifax, NS and a Red Sox-Yankees Friday night game on ESPN. There was a two hour time difference between the ship and Foxboro, so we watched the first half of the Patriots game in the Pit Stop and the second half in our stateroom.

Hey everyone, I have a dumb question, but I've got to ask!

We are huge Buckeye fans cruising on the 11/19 sailing of Jewel of the Seas. November 19th happens to be the day of the Ohio State/Michigan game. The game is at noon, so should be over well before sailing at 5 p.m. Does anyone know if the Pit Stop sports bar will be open on embarkation day, and if so, any chance they'd be broadcasting this game?

Thanks!

Go, Bucks!!! How awful would it be to miss THE game? Good Luck

Thanks, everyone. I guess I was wondering if their broadcast content would be different, since the ship would be docked in Fort Lauderdale, rather than out to sea, or in a foreign port. In other words, do they pick up "local" stations when in port? Does that even make sense??!

This past January we were on the Explorer on a Sunday. This was the day to find out whether the Eagles would be attending the Superbowl. We went by the sports bar during our travels and they were televising that game while we were docked in Miami.

When you get on the ship, I would check with the staff at the sports bar and they should know whether or not they can get the Ohio State game.

Thanks, everyone. I guess if we can't watch the game on the ship, I can always use my cell phone to call friends/family for updates! That would be the next best thing! Plus, I'll set up my DVR at home to record the game and we can watch it when we return.

Archived