Tiki Bikini Bar ( Junkanoo Beach, Nassau)

bobbie0253

Just back from a cruise with a Nassau stop. We were a group of 12 that headed to the Tiki Bikini Bar on Junkanoo beach. It was an easy walk from the pier but hot. I wanted to take a taxi but got outvoted :/ we did the two chairs, one umbrella, 6 drinks and 6 shots for $45. Service for chair set up was awesome. We were well taken care of. The drinks were strong and cold. Service was good in the early afternoon but slower as the day went on because the bar was 4 deep. The fun guy running the show... Guessing he was the owner, did his best to keep everyone happy while waiting. At one point he handed out free beer! My husband had the jerk chicken and said it was good. Overall it was the highlight of our cruise. So relaxing! Bathrooms were close, locals were selling typical things walking the beach but they were never pushy.

The beach did have a little trash but nothing major. It was sandy , calm , and shallow. No glass that I have seen reported on cruise critic.

From now on this will be our go to stop in Nassau :)

Good review! Thanks. Do you know how many ships were in port the day you were there? We love Junkanoo but will be there on a day with 7 ships in port. I just don't know what it will be like with so many ships and am trying to decide if we need to do a day pass somewhere instead.

Good review! Thanks. Do you know how many ships were in port the day you were there? We love Junkanoo but will be there on a day with 7 ships in port. I just don't know what it will be like with so many ships and am trying to decide if we need to do a day pass somewhere instead.

7 ships??? Omg! I thought we will have a lot with 4!

7 ships??? Omg! I thought we will have a lot with 4!

I know. I don't even know how 7 ships dock...they don't have 7 spots. But I checked each itinerary and they will all be there at the same time. And on a Saturday, which I hear means more locals will be doing beach and stuff too.

Thanks for this review! We wanted to go to the Tiki but was worried about the glass on the beach that other cruisers mentioned. We went to Melia instead and spent 130 for the four of us. The beach at Melia was littered with trash and lots of cigarette butts :( Next time we will walk to Tiki!

I was in port on Cinco De Mayo and it was super busy at the Tiki Bikini Hut..... The owner was busy selling everything and his wife was busy making drinks and it was total chaos. I did enjoy the cheap beers before we went to Fishfry to eat. We had 4 ships in port that day!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I realize that Tiki Bikini is a 15 or 20 min. walk from the ship; however, I will be traveling with my cousin whose heart is only working at 20 percent, so we will need to take a taxi, as the walk would be too strenuous. Can anyone tell me the cost for a taxi from the ship to Tiki Biki?

I think this what my hubby and 2 adult children are going to do for the day while in Nassau in 3 weeks. How do you check to see what ships are in port ?

We will be there in a little over 2 weeks and there will be 4 ships in port that day. I just googled cruise port schedules and various websites came up, I checked a few and they all had the same information.

We will be there in a little over 2 weeks and there will be 4 ships in port that day. I just googled cruise port schedules and various websites came up, I checked a few and they all had the same information.

Thanks - I ended up googling as well and found that there will 5 ships in port when we're there. Debating on Tiki Bikini Bar or Melia while in Nassau! Hopefully Tiki Bikini isn't too busy! How is it getting back to Port? Are taxis hard to get?

Thanks - I ended up googling as well and found that there will 5 ships in port when we're there. Debating on Tiki Bikini Bar or Melia while in Nassau! Hopefully Tiki Bikini isn't too busy! How is it getting back to Port? Are taxis hard to get?

Well we've never been to Nassau and this is our first cruise so I can't help with taxi info but from what I have read taxis are very easy to get. I think Junkanoo beach is easily walkable from port so that's what we plan to do.

We are docked from 11am - 10pm so I didn't get a day pass since it's such odd hours. I figure the free beach with the bikini hut and some shopping for my teenage daughters will be a fun day!

• 2 months later...

We are heading to Nassau next month and this will be our destination! We are a family of 5, so day passes are expensive. On our last cruise, we did Atlantis. We've done Melia in the past (back when it was a Sheraton). Both were great...my only issue was the expense, and I do love to try something new! I'm looking forward to a relaxing day of shopping and beach time! Plus my husband owns a growler store, and wants to check out the brewery on the way. Can't wait!