Indonesian Visa Change

Yes, with RCL one can buy onboard at duty free & take immediately. Princess has strange restrictions - it seems one thing after another with their Line - haven't even boarded yet & almost certain we won't cruise with them again

Yes, with RCL one can buy onboard at duty free & take immediately. Princess has strange restrictions - it seems one thing after another with their Line - haven't even boarded yet & almost certain we won't cruise with them again

Well I cant comment on any other line,have no idea but princess, hope you enjoy your cruise.:):)

Must admit I know several people who have cruised with Princess Line and

mostly been ok so h'fully I'm just being unnecessarily judgemental ..thanks we'll do our best to enjoy

Its hard not to be judgemental, if the shoe was on the other foot I would be doing the same.

So one day and probably soon that will happen.:)

Everyone is so concerned with getting to elite status (princess) that its sort of laughable,to get there you need to spend many thousands of dollars,upwards of $20,000,$30,000 and i still have not figured out what that gets you.

If you can afford a suite it seems to get you,some free drinks,(prob worth $30)

A party.

And one free bag of laundry a week.

Oh theres probably more but wow at what cost.

Everyone is so concerned with getting to elite status (princess)

It's the same on all the other lines that have loyalty schemes e.g. RCI's Crown and Anchor.

To me, any benefits are nice to have but they aren't the reason I choose to cruise any particular line. For me it is itinerary and price that is more important. Since Princess cruise year round out of Australia chances are I'll choose them more than other lines but not exclusively, as my upcoming countdown clocks and cruise history shows.

Princess isn't perfect, but it usually gives me wonderful cruising. Yes, there is always one or two things to grumble about (the bloody tiny showers on Golden Princess come to mind) but I don't let those things ruin my cruise, I just turn them into something to laugh about.

Gotta agree with everything you say OKJ,will be experiencing these tiny showers soon,lol.

Bonuses are nice but not the main reason

Princess fits at moment,but we sure are casting side-way glances at other lines

Princess really do dominate the market here, and we are starting to see some aggressive marketing from others.

Ive said it before and ill say it again 2017/18 cruise season out of aus/asia will be very interesting,looking at new P&No ship coming on-line,im sure we will see some very aggressive marketing from other lines.

So it will be over to you Princess,how are you going to play it.

Will you keep trying to lure the elites and reward them with poor loyalty rewards.

Will they keep reducing rewards because there is so many of them.(elites)

Try to create a false extra status elite via (club-class).

What will you do Princess when other lines send newer brighter ships down-under, and you still keep giving hand me downs to the second biggest growing market world-wide.

What will Princess do when they know that new-cruisers spend more than seasoned cruisers,on-board, and excursions.

The smarties will sit back and jump on cheap, bait and hook fares.

Actually I don't want to see a Royal class Princess ship permanently down here, they are too big, especially for some of the smaller NZ and Pacific Island ports. I have booked to cruise on Royal Princess next year but that's only because it was the only itinerary that suited us at that time - the dates are important as we are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary then.

I don't want to cruise on the new P&O build either, again too big.

Yes, there are deals which look very good up front on Royal Caribbean but you have to do your homework on those. The drinks prices are much more expensive than on Princess, as are the drinks packages. Celebrity is pricey but does offer free drinks packages as part of its perks.

Princess is actually very good value for money. I've got a spreadsheet with all our cruise costs, actuals for past cruises and expected costs for future cruises and, comparing apples with apples, Princess is very competitively priced. We did get one absolute bargain on Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas last year, but probably won't cruise with them again, especially on the bigger ships. We loved Rhapsody but didn't like the overall RCI experience that much.

Actually I don't want to see a Royal class Princess ship permanently down here, they are too big, especially for some of the smaller NZ and Pacific Island ports. I have booked to cruise on Royal Princess next year but that's only because it was the only itinerary that suited us at that time - the dates are important as we are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary then.

I don't want to cruise on the new P&O build either, again too big.

Yes, there are deals which look very good up front on Royal Caribbean but you have to do your homework on those. The drinks prices are much more expensive than on Princess, as are the drinks packages. Celebrity is pricey but does offer free drinks packages as part of its perks.

Princess is actually very good value for money. I've got a spreadsheet with all our cruise costs, actuals for past cruises and expected costs for future cruises and, comparing apples with apples, Princess is very competitively priced. We did get one absolute bargain on Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas last year, but probably won't cruise with them again, especially on the bigger ships. We loved Rhapsody but didn't like the overall RCI experience that much.

Yep,yep,dont want a bigger ship either, but in the whole scheme of things my opinion doesn't count towards what a cruise line does. Princess fits at the moment, bloody love them. But am very interested to see what will happen in as I say 2018.:)

I also believe that people do not do their sums correctly,when seeing those whiz bang promos,only experience sorts out the chaff.