Indonesian Visa Change

The last time I cruised in Indonesia the entry visa charge was US$70. Since then Indonesia has granted Australians free entry, but said that Benoa (Bali) and Lombok seaports lacked free entry facilities and consequently we still had to pay the price for an entry visa.

In June I'm cruising from Fremantle to Indonesia so was expecting to pay the US $70.

Yesterday I received this email from Princess:

INDONESIA VISA UPDATE

Please be advised the Indonesian visa policy has recently changed. Most guests, including U.S., Canadian, U.K., Australian, and New Zealand passport holders, qualify for a visa-free entry stamp. A service fee of $25 per person will be charged to your stateroom account.

It didn't specify if that was US or AUS dollars but since it's a service charge it should be AUS since the Sun, Sea, and Dawn use Australian dollars on board.

I did not think there was any charge now.

If there is no Visa ..what are they charging for?

Its the Port Of Benoa Bribery Charge.

Its a composite free to ensure all local officials get their palms greased ...:D

Why anyone would want to go to Bali is beyond me .. I am glad to see more and more cruises to PNG as the overseas content of Australian cruises

Regards

John

Its the Port Of Benoa Bribery Charge.

Its a composite free to ensure all local officials get their palms greased ...:D

Why anyone would want to go to Bali is beyond me .. I am glad to see more and more cruises to PNG as the overseas content of Australian cruises

Regards

John

AGREE with every word. :eek::eek::eek:

We visit Indonesia twice in Sep/Oct on Sea Princess - Lombok and then 18 days later, Bali.. Wonder if we will get charged at all, or maybe once covering both visits or will they sting us twice??

Didn't charge me on my Diamond Cruise on 11 April for the visa.

No visa charge, no service charge. Assuming you're an Australian citizen there'll be no charges for you either. Check the information in your Personaliser.

Edited by wishfulone

Princess Personaliser still showing $25 per person for a cruise some 5 months away with 2 stops in Indonesia.

INDONESIA VISA/PASSPORT REQUIREMENT

Most guests, including U.S., Canadian, U.K., Australian, and New Zealand passport holders, qualify for a visa-free entry stamp. A service fee of $25 per person will be charged to your stateroom account.

All other passport holders should contact their nearest Indonesian Consulate or a visa service to determine their visa requirements. If you require a visa, you must obtain one in advance of boarding regardless of whether you choose to remain on board or go ashore in Indonesia.

Indonesian customs has strict regulations in regards to passport validity and require that all passports be valid for at least six months after you depart Indonesia. Additionally, your passport should have at least one blank page for entry and exit endorsements. If your passport does not meet these requirements you will be denied boarding due to failure to meet travel requirements. Cruise and/or cruisetour fare will not be refunded.

No visa charge, no service charge. Assuming you're an Australian citizen there'll be no charges for you either. Check the information in your Personaliser.

Ive been on the cruise just this April there was no visa charge. I'm on NZ passport. My cruise personaliser said there would be charges too but Princess didn't charge it, the processing fee. Only charge I got was for the Vietnam visa on the cruise.

Edited by icat2000

Our cruise personalizer also says we will be charged US$25 pp service charge to stamp our passports with the 'free' visa! Would be interested to know if other cruise lines (apart from Princess) are also charging this fee!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What would constitute an "administraion" charge?

Only thing I can think of is defraying the cost of the Indonesian immigration personnel while they are on board maybe? Food and lodging?

Sounds like a rort to me, unless someone can set me straight.

I don't recall being charged an administration fee when US immigration came on board X Infinity to stamp our passports before arriving in San Diego.

Edited by lyndarra
typo

This service charge is just an another way of getting money out of you. The cruise lines send their ships to these places and should cover any cost to them in the fare and not think up ways to get more out of passengers by insidious means.

I'm tired of going to Bali and look for cruises bypassing Indonesia in general having been there enough times already and glad Princess are now taking in PNG instead. The resorts in Bali and the nightlife might be fine for the younger age group, but it is just a waste of time and money with a day visit on a cruise ship.

It is an interesting service charge to stamp a passport, we have the same notice for an March 2018 cruise on Princess. Now if all 2600 passengers require a stamp that is a pretty $65000 they pocket for a couple of hours work, I would happily do it for 50k :) save them the trouble..........

Arrival stamp in passport is free. Visa On Arrival stickers cost U$35,-

Please check Indonesian Immigration website from the link below:

http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/en/layanan-publik/bebas-visa

http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/en/layanan-publik/bebas-visa#immigration-checkpoint

Kind regards

• 2 months later...
The last time I cruised in Indonesia the entry visa charge was US$70. Since then Indonesia has granted Australians free entry, but said that Benoa (Bali) and Lombok seaports lacked free entry facilities and consequently we still had to pay the price for an entry visa.

In June I'm cruising from Fremantle to Indonesia so was expecting to pay the US $70.

Yesterday I received this email from Princess:

INDONESIA VISA UPDATE

Please be advised the Indonesian visa policy has recently changed. Most guests, including U.S., Canadian, U.K., Australian, and New Zealand passport holders, qualify for a visa-free entry stamp. A service fee of $25 per person will be charged to your stateroom account.

It didn't specify if that was US or AUS dollars but since it's a service charge it should be AUS since the Sun, Sea, and Dawn use Australian dollars on board.

Hi, unrelated to above but I see you've recently cruised on Dawn - do you know if one can buy duty free cigs on board & take away or are they kept & given attend of cruise ? Also do bars on board sell cigs? Hope you can help - we're on Dawn from this coming Sunday...Sue

Hi, unrelated to above but I see you've recently cruised on Dawn - do you know if one can buy duty free cigs on board & take away or are they kept & given attend of cruise ? Also do bars on board sell cigs? Hope you can help - we're on Dawn from this coming Sunday...Sue

You can buy duty-free cigs onboard,but don't get them till end of cruise. There is virtually no saving buying duty-free cigs on board.

Yes the bars do sell cigs and it was a straight -out aus$10 a pack.

You may like to include where you are sailing to, as people have knowledge of the best on-shore duty-free shops.

Have a great cruise and if you see Paul,Shybui,and Petar ,all are bar people say hello from Traci and Linda.:):)

Edited by mrs and mrs
spelling