Luggage Storage Vancouver - Late flight out

cos24

CDS will hold your luggage at Canada Place for $7 per carry on bag and $8 for larger suitcases. The will transfer up to 4 bags out to YVR for $40 including the checking fee. Additional bags are transfer for a fee of $10 each. They do the transfer when they close the Canada Place location so bags don't arrive until about 5 pm which will work for a flight later than 7 pm.

Another option is to take your luggage to the bell desk at the Pan Pacific hotel which forms part of Canada Place or across the street to the Fairmont Waterfront hotel and give them a nice tip to hold it for you.

Thanks for this. I need to store one case at the airport pre-cruise whilst I fly to Vancouver Island for a couple of days so really helpful.
Wait.... which Vancouver terminal are you flying from?

• If from the South terminal.... does CDS luggage have a South terminal location? You need to budget extra time for travel from main terminal to the South terminal.
  • If you are flying from Burrard Inlet.... do not ship your luggage to the airport!

Edited by xlxo

• 1 month later...

I used the CDS luggage storage services at Canada place in June 2016 and it worked well. They are located near the AVIS rental car counter, towards the left of the taxi line before you exit the inside.

THere was a line and it took about 25 minutes. They charged 40 Canadian and they do take major credit cards. This was for 4 bags transported to the YVR airport for a late flight. The CDS luggage storage pickup is located at international arrivals level 2 next to the Tim Hortons. They give you a baggage check tag plus a slip with directions to the location at the YVR airport. Note the Canada place luggage storage closes at 4pm so it worked out much better having the bags transferred directly to airport rather than trying to race back to canada place and haul the bags on the skytrain ourselves.

No reservations are required . I was happy with the service.

I am happy to learn that CDS worked well for you. I had a chat with them out at YVR 4 weeks ago and they were a little ambiguous about what time they transferred luggage from Canada Place to YVR. The best I was able to glean was that it is somewhat dependent on volume, the more luggage they have the more often they transfer it out. However they will tell you when you check your luggage when it will be transferred.

This is great information...their web site isn't very helpful.

My question is, if you have CDS transfer your luggage to the airport, do they check it onto your flight, or do you have to pick it up from them at the airport, and then you check it in yourself?

My question is, if you have CDS transfer your luggage to the airport, do they check it onto your flight, or do you have to pick it up from them at the airport, and then you check it in yourself?

You have to collect it and check it in yourself. US Customs/Immigration happens here, and they want to see your bags and you at the same time!

CATSA (Canadian TSA) require that each passenger check their luggage so you need to pick it up from CDS and proceed through check in procedures. Once past the check in kiosk you will place your luggage on a conveyor belt then proceed thru US CBP and security.

Edited by Putterdude

THANK YOU KenP, this is exactly the info I needed :):):)

I used the CDS luggage storage services at Canada place in June 2016 and it worked well. They are located near the AVIS rental car counter, towards the left of the taxi line before you exit the inside.

THere was a line and it took about 25 minutes. They charged 40 Canadian and they do take major credit cards. This was for 4 bags transported to the YVR airport for a late flight. The CDS luggage storage pickup is located at international arrivals level 2 next to the Tim Hortons. They give you a baggage check tag plus a slip with directions to the location at the YVR airport. Note the Canada place luggage storage closes at 4pm so it worked out much better having the bags transferred directly to airport rather than trying to race back to canada place and haul the bags on the skytrain ourselves.

No reservations are required . I was happy with the service.