Haven Sail Away

mdbuckeye40

Has anyone ever stayed in the Haven Deluxe Owners Suite with Large Balcony and been able to have their friends join them from non-Haven staterooms for a "private" Sail Away party? We have a group traveling with us and would like the other others to join us in our Haven during Sail Away.

Has anyone ever stayed in the Haven Deluxe Owners Suite with Large Balcony and been able to have their friends join them from non-Haven staterooms for a "private" Sail Away party? We have a group traveling with us and would like the other others to join us in our Haven during Sail Away.

Haven guests are welcome to invite others to their OWN suite at any time, but they are not allowed to have the others go into the Haven common areas.

It's a nice thing to do, especially for something like Sail Away :)

You can also ask your Butler to arrange goodies to eat.

You can use the included 3 bottles of liquor to play bartender, if you wish.

Any other beverages would be billed, such as if the Butler brought them as room service.

IF you have a party, do be sure to tip the Butler extra, especially if she/he makes it a nice event.

(We figure that we are privileged to be able to sail at all, and even more so in Haven suites, and we are very happy to give "extra thanks" to those who make our trip even better!)

Enjoy!

Haven guests are welcome to invite others to their OWN suite at any time, but they are not allowed to have the others go into the Haven common areas.

It's a nice thing to do, especially for something like Sail Away :)

You can also ask your Butler to arrange goodies to eat.

You can use the included 3 bottles of liquor to play bartender, if you wish.

Any other beverages would be billed, such as if the Butler brought them as room service.

IF you have a party, do be sure to tip the Butler extra, especially if she/he makes it a nice event.

(We figure that we are privileged to be able to sail at all, and even more so in Haven suites, and we are very happy to give "extra thanks" to those who make our trip even better!)

Enjoy!

We've never had a butler before how do we get in touch with them? How do we go about getting the three bottles of liquor? Do you happen to know what kind of liquor? I'm so glad I posted, you have some GREAT information. Thank you!

Looks like you are talking about the BA? We were in one of those two rooms and it probably wouldn't be a problem if they were in your room. They would not be able to hang out in the Haven proper area though.

As far as butler, booze, etc., the list is floating around here if you search for it. It is not that big of a list and they are things like Smirnoff Vodka, Seagrams 7, etc. You can order via pre-concierge before you sail but they don't seem to be very good at actually getting anything that you ask for actually happen when you board. The bottles probably won't be there for sailaway if you have to order once on the ship as they have to get them and it takes some time. You will have one bottle of champagne there already though.

The butler will find you usually so no need to find them. You will also get unlimited in room soda and water in that room category. One thing we did notice on our sailing is that the movable wall between your room and the OS next door leaks noise in the one corner quite bad to the point you can hear everything the neighbors say when they sit at their table or are in that area.

If you have other questions, let us know but for now, I've got to go back to the bed bug thread.

Edited by dexddd

We've never had a butler before how do we get in touch with them? How do we go about getting the three bottles of liquor? Do you happen to know what kind of liquor? I'm so glad I posted, you have some GREAT information. Thank you!

When is your cruise?

There is a "pre-cruise concierge" desk at NCL Miami, although apparently they are not the most efficient at passing along requests to the ship.

You will be in one of the very top suites, and the Butler will be stopping by to meet you and introduce himself/herself.

Don't be shy. Everyone of us had a "first time" :o

Let the Butler know ASAP if you want a "sail away party", and just ASK for some suggestions, without extra cost, or if you are interested in adding "extra extras", ask about that, too (like beer/etc., but it isn't at all necessary given what is included).

If you haven't already arranged what 3 bottles of booze you want (or, more likely, if they aren't there as planned), then let your Butler know right away what you want, from a list that is provided.

DOS and OS get 3 bottles and unlimited sodas/bottled water included in their fare.

(GV gets 6 bottles.)

For later, let the Butler know if you prefer snacks that are candy/cookies, or savories, or fruit or... all of the above :)

You can have room service at any time, at no extra charge other than any specialty restaurant charges that you'd pay anyway.

You'll have white table cloth service :)

NOTE: "Room service beverages" are NOT included in any beverage package you might have. It's a little annoying quirk for any suite, Haven or not.

Also note that while most Butlers genuinely want to please (or that's not the right job for them) and they can be remarkable at figuring out what you want, they are NOT INCLUDED IN THE REGULAR GRATUITIES.

You aren't required to tip, but it would be thoughtless not to do so, and especially if you use their services for a lot of extras (like that sail away party!).

If you ask here 'how much to tip', you'll get answers all over the board.

We tend to be generous, because we can afford it (it's a small amount given the total cost of the trip, and it means a lot more to the staff than to us), and we like to give the extra thanks to those who help make our trip extra special.

Enjoy being pampered. Most butlers are terrific, but there are a few who aren't quite up to their job, unfortunately.

Our first was, we thought, great... UNTIL we had the next Butler, and then we knew the difference.

The Butler will introduce themselves at the start of your cruise during the first few hours after you board by knocking on your cabin door. If you want to see him sooner let the concierge know and they will let the Butler know you are looking for them.

You can call the pre-cruise concierge at 855-625-4283 to order your liquor for the room. Otherwise the Butler will get what you want after you board.

I am MDBUCKEY40's roomie for the week. This is our first time in the Haven and in such an awesome stateroom. Thanks so much for your advice!! :D

The bathroom is huge - I'd just hang out there with your friends, it is quite nice. The closet area is huge as well and there are extra cabinets to the right when you enter the bathroom. Our two kids were with us and they used those for their clothes. The tub is just a soaking tub, no jets, but it does overlook the side of the ship with a large window.

They put in a door on the balcony to go from the front to the side and it boggles my mind why they added it as it is really a safety hazard. ANY wind moving and it takes two hands to control so be careful. The butler mentioned something right away to make sure it was kept closed at all times. There was a report recently for either the BA or GA where the door caused some damage but I can't recall the specifics.