!!! NORWEGIAN ESCAPE !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Then mom went her own way, I think she went back to the room. I met up with the group, they had just enjoyed their dinner at cagneys. But they looked like they were done, I guess that is what a large piece of steak will do to you.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-451_zpsx8x4jjmc.jpg

We sat there and enjoyed ourselves for a little while.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-452_zpslxcoki9z.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-453_zpsfijyqln0.jpg

But slowly one by one, I started losing them. I don’t blame them, they were drinking since the morning on their shore excursion. I started drinking much later, after sail away.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-454_zpsqthctly4.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-455_zpsnf6emgsc.jpg

Eventually they all called it quits, and I went for a little walk. I wanted to see the parties around the ship.

This is the one on the Skyline bar. It was happening!

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-458_zpsua9ndl5v.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-459_zps2dbwktsp.jpg

And H2O was really busy, much more than the night we were there. Everyone seemed to be having a great time!

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-463_zpsr5foy7fy.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-464_zpsurzcylvd.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-465_zpskrrer8fg.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-472_zpsz1o7vsi0.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-473_zpsrhzjckfo.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-474_zpscafgvqu7.jpg

By the time I made it back to the room it was around 12:30, not too bad.

The Vibe crew had sent us a little something :)

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-480_zpsk6cdv4r0.jpg

These ones were all excellent!

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-481_zps0eljwbnf.jpg

I forgot to mention that night they had a party for the crew on the Manhattan room for clearing the Miami inspection. Several crew members told me that NCL now has several incentives for them. They claim that it works wonders to motivate the crew, and I will tell you it truly shows.

Another great day aboard the Norwegian Escape. At this point of the cruise I was having a really hard time thinking that the cruise was almost over. We were having such a great time! There are really a lot of things to do at night on this ship!

Day 5, End.

Gambee, No need to answer. Just wanted to say how great the pictures fronmCoki were. Also it was wonderful that you and your Mom had such a fantastic time in St Thomas. Looks like you are having one the the best and fun cruises that you've had. and that is great, Considering your life will change during Grad school. Once again thank you and your Mom for allowing us to cruise with you. Your CC friend Gary :cool:

Glady's cafe on St. Thomas looks super cute.... how long of a cab/bus ride was it from the pier? how much did the ride cost? Looking for ideas for St. Thomas when we stop there on Oasis next year. Thanks Gambee - enjoying the review!

Gambee, No need to respond but I just wanted to say thank you for your wonderful reviews! You have fantastic commentary, witty and practical, and of course fabulous photos! If we can't be on a ship, at least we can relive others adventures while we wait! Thanks so much again!

Glady's cafe on St. Thomas looks super cute.... how long of a cab/bus ride was it from the pier? how much did the ride cost? Looking for ideas for St. Thomas when we stop there on Oasis next year. Thanks Gambee - enjoying the review!

It was not that long, 7 minutes or so? It is in downtown by the shops and all. To be quite honest, I am not exactly sure about the price. On the way there someone in our group paid for the entire thing. And on the way back we were all so drunk and having such a great time that we paid way more than it was. He made a killing that day with us! I think mom and I gave him like 40 total for both of us.

But I could not imagine it being more than $5 a person.

I was a bit hungover, so I decided to start working on the pictures of the cruise. I think I woke up around 9:30 that morning.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-2_zpsgfywoxfz.jpg

Mom went out and got me some breakfast.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-3_zpsqlnd0gy8.jpg

I really needed that juice!

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-4_zpsy1hv578c.jpg

I forgot to mention that those damn announcements start at around 9:50. While they are not directly in the room, you can still hear them. I blame on the thin, yet heavy doors. But either way who cares, the doors slamming had woken me up anyway :D

I also watched some DS9.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-7_zpsesj291yz.jpg

Mom had left the room, I think she was in Vibe. Eventually I made it to the balcony, but I was in recovery mode and watching some more DS9.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-10_zpshcmfsey0.jpg

I also went through the Freestyle to check if there was something that I would be interested in.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-11_zpsybjk8oad.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-9_zpsaycx0ep7.jpg

I have to say that from our balcony on deck 14 you can hear the loud speakers on the main pool. I am not sure I have mentioned that before, but those speakers are quite loud. Multiple people have reported that in the past. Even from Vibe the noise apparent, although distant.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-8_zpsurxrprj9.jpg

I left the room around noon, and went down to meet with the crew for lunch. By the way, when you’re waiting for the elevators there is an easy way to know if it is going up or down. 2 beeps mean it is going down, and 1 beep means it is going up. No need to look at the arrows.

And what is it with people ramming into the elevators before everyone has gotten off?!?!?! :mad:

Anyway, I made into 5 o’clock bar and most of them were already there.

I got my usual. Not exactly that I needed a drink, but you know, hair of the dog…

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-12_zpscrvgr3ms.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-13_zpse3jvpigo.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-14_zpsslmbs84l.jpg

Once we were all there we left to go to Food Republic, which by the way it is right there.

Like I said, it was packed, and the only seats left were on the bar. But it was good, since it was a big group. I don’t think they could have accommodated all of us at one table anyway.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-16_zpstpvbaise.jpg

norwegian20escape20day206-17_zpshdpwxnss.jpg

We all shared 3 ipads and ordered quickly since the restaurant was closing soon.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-18_zps8emq5g3q.jpg

Susan got the shrimp skewers which were great by the way.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-19_zpseatk1os8.jpg

My lobster rolls, were excellent!

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-20_zps0ceohqbd.jpg

Salt and pepper calamari, they were good, but I’ve had much better. I think what threw me off is the batter that they used, and the overall texture.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-21_zps8tued4dy.jpg

Everyone said that the chicken teriyaki and the wings were excellent!

norwegian20escape20day206-23_zps3twgrx65.jpg

I kind of felt bad that mom missed out on all the good food, so I asked the server if I could bring some up to her. He packed it nicely for me :)

Su gave me some of her shrimp. They a chimichurri sauce and mom loves that sauce.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-22_zpslmg1wzsn.jpg

I took my food, and went looking for mom.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-24_zpsrfgaxjf6.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-26_zps1ywuzwfq.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-29_zpsfp2zz8gn.jpg

I found mom in the jacuzzi. She loved the food. Ro got me some water.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-35_zpsbgz2kx0v.jpg

And my gin. That is also when I met Tom, we talked for a little over an hour. Nice fellow =)

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-38_zpsnkv9was5.jpg

I relaxed there most of the afternoon and talked with Tom. He has done around 80 cruises I think he said!

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-37_zps7jxkk3yf.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-39_zpsxj1ejssx.jpg

And then this happened, Lol, oppps

I think it was a way of my body telling that I had enough :D

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-40_zpskvyqfnjo.jpg

No worries, she quickly noticed and got me another one.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-45_zpst9fuenwc.jpg

And this is what makes Ro special, just look at that. She would go around and give people people short foot rubs with cold eucalyptus towels. She was just incredible.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-46_zpsrf9hqdi3.jpg

I think that is the first time mom has gotten a foot rub, she usually dislikes massages in general.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-47_zpsmnyaaqjo.jpg

After that we left because I wanted to try the rope course one more time

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-49_zpseyxxbymo.jpg

The deck had cleared up a little.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-50_zpsflze3yxx.jpg

Ok, something very irritating happened here. When I got to the room it was around 5:20, but I spent like 20 minutes looking for my head harness for the GoPro. I have not idea what happened to it. What made no sense was that both the head and chest harness were missing. And I never used the chest harness. WTH???

After I gave up on it, I rushed upstairs and they set me up. By the time I started the rope course it was around 5:45 they close at 6p. Here is the problem, around that time I guess the people start working slow and a big line forms behind the first zip line. Please note that there was no way of skipping the first zip line. When I got to the zip line the lady tells me, sorry we are closed now, please exit the rope course. This is after I waited 15 minutes in line, are you kidding? Why the hell did you let me on in the first place if you knew that I would not make it. There were about 20 people behind me on top of that. They really should stop people from going on at a certain time and let all those people finish their turn. The lady behind me was on FIRE, I think she was going to kill one over it. Her daughter at first was going to cry, but then got relaxed and told her they could try the next day.

The sad part is that the rope course was closed most of the day the next day.

Here we are waiting

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-74_zpsucyrkfxj.jpg

Here is the line in the zip line, it was taking forever.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-77_zpsb7ypz1d4.jpg

Here I am playing balancing games to stay occupied…

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-81_zpseyqlhcx8.jpg

Just looking at a ship on the horizon.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-82_zpsc3xzsxek.jpg

And just waiting...

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-83_zpshxackdqx.jpg

I was not a happy camper, this is exiting the rope course.

norwegian%20escape%20day%206-88_zpsraajmngm.jpg