Does Celebrity advertise much?

Schplinky

I wish Holland America and Princess would advertise on television. It’s my opinion that Carnival and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines by far blows Celebrity Cruise Lines television advertisements out of the water. If I had never cruised before and was to book a cruise based on the television advertisements, Celebrity would most likely be my last choice. Now saying that, we’ve got our 4th Celebrity Cruise booked. A lot of our cruise line and ship choices have been based on reading the different posts from this forum. First hand experience and word of mouth is always the best advertisement. The different cruise lines should be grateful for forums like “CRUISE CRITIC”.

I think Celebrity gets most of there business from word-of-mouth. They don't need to advertise. Plus they have a good product that keeps people sailing with them. I have heard that Carnival has a huge passenger turnover rate. This would make advertising very important because they need to bring in new passengers to replace the ones that left; thus the high amount of commercials.

with the whole town in Italy running to the dock to see Connie dock with CDS aboard. It was a great ad!

King & Queen is so true to life. He is used to his 9AM wakeup, his coffee prepared pefectly, etc. She loves the pampering as he gets her out of the car, yet both cannot readjust to the real life. SO TRUE!

Tbelian - thanks for the website link to Arnold, I had not seen the "lights" ad, and the King and Queen spot is great - both ads made me even more anxious for our December cruise.

I think Celebrity gets most of there business from word-of-mouth. They don't need to advertise. Plus they have a good product that keeps people sailing with them. I have heard that Carnival has a huge passenger turnover rate. This would make advertising very important because they need to bring in new passengers to replace the ones that left; thus the high amount of commercials.

You may have a point but I think the key consideration on whether to do tv ads is money. I believe that RCL and Carnival have the most ships in the water and therefore, they can pool a lot more ad resources and options.

Archived