Best water works water slides ships

dmathias12

We were looking at the new vista for April 2018 but giving the prices on a ocean view or balcony I'm thinking we could do better on price and maybe get a balcony on another ship do any of the ships out of the class like the vista magic etc have any goog slides and waterworks?

Liked the Breeze and the Magic slides and water works quite a bit. Preferred it to the Getaway and Breakaway water parks in many ways.

Vista was $1000 more for a standard balcony, so we re booked the Magic with a spa balcony.

the kids loved the waterpark. The vista might be cool, with the inner tube slide (depending on how long a wait in the Caribbean it takes) but we will wait a while at that price point.

13700254323_8beeb7dc27_b_zpsp4baswoj.jpg

DSC_01893_zpsz5cl2j87.jpg

13573232983_78ea259dd9_b_zps3i0vbpdk.jpg

20160427_132637_zpsnt2o3jbw.jpg

Liked the Breeze and the Magic slides and water works quite a bit. Preferred it to the Getaway and Breakaway water parks in many ways.

Vista was $1000 more for a standard balcony, so we re booked the Magic with a spa balcony.

the kids loved the waterpark. The vista might be cool, with the inner tube slide (depending on how long a wait in the Caribbean it takes) but we will wait a while at that price point.

We just booked a spa cabin on Magic instead of Vista for the same reason. With the price being so much higher, and the Vista spa pics at this point looking rather unimpressive (and no T-pool!!!!), we'll stick with Magic/Breeze/Dream.

But my reason for posting is this: I'm wondering how the slides on Magic were on the back, Trumpster? On Dream, it was a bit rough. After a few rides, my daughter's back was quite red. I think probably from the junctions between sections not being completely flush. Someone said it was better on Magic, and I'm hoping that's true. Your thoughts?

We just booked a spa cabin on Magic instead of Vista for the same reason. With the price being so much higher, and the Vista spa pics at this point looking rather unimpressive (and no T-pool!!!!), we'll stick with Magic/Breeze/Dream.

But my reason for posting is this: I'm wondering how the slides on Magic were on the back, Trumpster? On Dream, it was a bit rough. After a few rides, my daughter's back was quite red. I think probably from the junctions between sections not being completely flush. Someone said it was better on Magic, and I'm hoping that's true. Your thoughts?

I must admit that each junction tended to bite me all the way down. I eventually put on a swim shirt, the ones I wear under my wet suit doing scuba. Not only did it help with the bite but made me slide faster. But unfortunately I must report the Magic has the same issue. My kids didn't seem to notice or mind.

and its funny I don't recall it being that way on the breeze last year.

And yes I agree that if this is it! The entire Thermal suite (not suites)

DSC_6865_Zyde_zpsg40p8ua7.jpg

DSC_6863_Zyde_zpsxpcwuv2q.jpg

What a disappointment! Lame.

Tried to get John Heald to explain why the Vista had this and why should anyone get a spa cabin? He responded that the cabins were brilliant and the use of the heated loungers and spa was brilliant too.

He also promised a video of said thermal suite but...its not available yet. :rolleyes:

All credit to Zydocruiser for the pics

Edited by Trumpster

I must admit that each junction tended to bite me all the way down. I eventually put on a swim shirt, the ones I wear under my wet suit doing scuba. Not only did it help with the bite but made me slide faster. But unfortunately I must report the Magic has the same issue. My kids didn't seem to notice or mind.

and its funny I don't recall it being that way on the breeze last year.

This is good to know - I'll be packing the swim shirts! My child, despite her red back, went down those slides over and over again on our last cruise.

Breeze was actually my first choice for our cruise, just because I prefer the decor, but the itinerary is awful for our spring break week next year.

The best ships for slides, in my opinion, are the Dream, Magic, & Breeze. Those have 2 very unique & different waterslides: the Twister & the Drainpipe. Sunshine has 3 slides, 2 of them identical, and they don't have the Drainpipe (the toilet bowl ending). Having multiple twisting waterslides isn't as good as having 1 twisting slide & the Drainpipe.

Despite what some others have said, I would highly recommend against wearing a shirt on any body slide. It might work well for a select few people, but for the overwhelming majority of people, a shirt will make you go much much much slower. There are 2 things that slow you down on a body slide: a shirt & your butt. Don't wear a shirt, and raise your butt off the slide, and you will fly down the slide, even the ones that others are getting stuck on. At some waterparks that I go to, they even have a rule that doesn't allow you to wear a shirt down their body slides because of this. The lifeguard will tell the guests that they have to remove the shirt (and hold onto it) in order to go on the slide. On the Dream class ships, you do feel the bumps between the sections of the slides. It takes a few rides to get used to it, but you will get used to it. I would get in over 100 rides per week on those ships. The red marks on the back will go away.