Computers on Board the Allure?

My daughter is taking an online college course that may require her to have access to a computer for an afternoon. Does anyone know if they have any available or will I need to bring a laptop? I was really looking forward to being disconnected for the week, but this may not be possible for all of us. I read that I can do a one day internet package which is great, but wasn't sure if there were computers available for use on the Allure? Thanks so much for any input!!

My daughter is taking an online college course that may require her to have access to a computer for an afternoon. Does anyone know if they have any available or will I need to bring a laptop? I was really looking forward to being disconnected for the week, but this may not be possible for all of us. I read that I can do a one day internet package which is great, but wasn't sure if there were computers available for use on the Allure? Thanks so much for any input!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

There are guest computers located at various places around the ship. I know there are some in the library on deck 11, near the aft centrum.

Personally, I would still take a laptop and confirm that it works with the college course your daughter is taking. If that course requires some specific version of Flash or Java or some other requirement, it will be difficult, if not impossible to get help with the guest computers on the ship.

There is a computer center onboard the Allure that has a desktop computer. After you're onboard, check with the Voom desk to buy a one day package.

There is a computer center onboard the Allure that has a desktop computer. After you're onboard, check with the Voom desk to buy a one day package.

And what can you do on this "desktop computer"?

Surf the web? Email?

A monitor and keyboard is not a desktop computer

Edited by cruisinfanatic