Springhill Suites in Dania Beach

jillpra

Looking for comments for anyone that has stayed here recently and used their shuttle service! I have read some not so great reviews of the company they use, KSA Tours! Has anyone used a taxi from here to the port and if so, how much? Thanks.

Jill

Looking for comments for anyone that has stayed here recently and used their shuttle service! I have read some not so great reviews of the company they use, KSA Tours! Has anyone used a taxi from here to the port and if so, how much? Thanks.

We have used their shuttle service at least 4 times.

From the airport it can take awhile (up to 30 minutes), but sometimes you get lucky and catch it while it is on its way for someone else (once we walked out and it was waiting). Can be a bit frustrating in the heat of the day.

From the hotel to the pier the service is better. They take reservations and try to keep the shuttles to one or two ships. Last time we were in the lobby waiting for a later shuttle and they let us jump on the earlier one - great service.

We will only be using it from the hotel to port and back. How early does it leave from hotel and how early does it pick up at port on the return? I tried to get times from the company and they haven't called back.

Thanks.

Jill

We will only be using it from the hotel to port and back. How early does it leave from hotel and how early does it pick up at port on the return? I tried to get times from the company and they haven't called back.

Thanks.

Jill

I think the first shuttles start at 10 am (could be earlier if demand warrants). Do not know about the return.

We are considering using this hotel as an alternative to the 17th Street hotels serving the cruise port. Is there grocery store within walking distance so that we can stock up on soda, snacks and other necessities for a transatlantic cruise? Also are there any good restaurants within walking distance?

We are considering using this hotel as an alternative to the 17th Street hotels serving the cruise port. Is there grocery store within walking distance so that we can stock up on soda, snacks and other necessities for a transatlantic cruise? Also are there any good restaurants within walking distance?

Across the main highway (a very busy one) is Oakwood Plaza which has a Kmart and BJs warehouse club store (plus a Home Depot and some smaller shops). BJs has a decent wine selection AND you can buy wine there without a membership card (strange I know but it is the law or something). Kmart also sells wine, but its selection is more limited. It should have about everything else you need however.

Dining in the immediate area is mostly fast food. There is a Dave & Busters, Red Lobster and an Ale house about a half mile from the hotel on the far end of the Plaza. (you might check with the airport shuttle bus as to whether they will drive you there and back).