Transport from Gatwick to Southhampton

Metered taxis lined up on spec at the port will be horrendously expensive for that length of journey, though for journeys out of Southampton city limits they can negotiate.

But much better to pre-book a private transfer.

Try www.smithsforairports.com or www.aquacars.co.uk or www.westquaycars.com

All three are based at the Southampton end, all three (esp Smiths) are frequiently used by CC members.

I guess somewhere under £100 for a sedan.

Journey time around 2 hours on weekdays, less at weekends.

For any more detail, come back here with your date, ship, number in party, and flight time

JB :)

Hello JB,

Thanks for all the good info you have posted. We are arriving at LGW on May 21st and booked with Smiths to take us to Southampton Cruise Terminal where we will board the Celebrity Eclipse. So far we have had excellent and prompt responses from them, including how to identify the driver and where to meet him.

We also booked and paid via PayPal and received confirmation from Aqua Cars for our return from Southampton to Gatwick on June 04th. We created a profile and so far have sent two messages regarding how we will be able to identify the driver at the cruise terminal, but to date there have been no replies. Do you think we should be concerned? We are Canadians and are not familiar with Southampton and because my husband has a knee injury, we decided to take the more expensive route. He is not totally disabled, and can walk, but I thought it would be easier to take a taxi instead of the train which will have platform changes as it will be a Sunday. Sorry to be so long winded. Any advice is very much appreciated.

Many Thanks, Annie

Hello JB,

Thanks for all the good info you have posted. We are arriving at LGW on May 21st and booked with Smiths to take us to Southampton Cruise Terminal where we will board the Celebrity Eclipse. So far we have had excellent and prompt responses from them, including how to identify the driver and where to meet him.

We also booked and paid via PayPal and received confirmation from Aqua Cars for our return from Southampton to Gatwick on June 04th. ..... Any advice is very much appreciated.

Many Thanks, Annie

Why are not using Smiths for the return also????

As you've said, "So far we have had excellent and prompt responses from them, including how to identify the driver and where to meet him."

As I've already posted, we used them for the return from Southampton to Heathrow, excellent price and service. Waited for us right by the pier.

We, three of us, are taking the train from Gatwick to Southampton at a cost of about 10 pounds/person (less than $40 total). I cannot imagine it is more than a few pounds from the train station to either hotel or cruise port. You can check at Southern Railway...

Why are not using Smiths for the return also????

As you've said, "So far we have had excellent and prompt responses from them, including how to identify the driver and where to meet him."

As I've already posted, we used them for the return from Southampton to Heathrow, excellent price and service. Waited for us right by the pier.

We tried to book with Smiths for the return journey, but unfortunately they were sold out for June 04th.