Passport Question

Winnigirl

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times and I apologize. We will be sailing to Bermuda (from NY) on July 31, 2016. We are Canadian citizens. Our passports expire on February 17, 2017. I know that we are "exempt" from the six-month rule with regards to entering the USA, but will we also be "exempt" for entering Bermuda, or should I apply for a new passport now? (both my husband and I will be travelling within Canada and the USA before that time, so to renew our passports now would be inconvenient, as once we apply for a renewal, our present passports are invalid until the renewal is received.) Hope this doesn't sound too convoluted. Thank you.

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times and I apologize. We will be sailing to Bermuda (from NY) on July 31, 2016. We are Canadian citizens. Our passports expire on February 17, 2017. I know that we are "exempt" from the six-month rule with regards to entering the USA, but will we also be "exempt" for entering Bermuda, or should I apply for a new passport now? (both my husband and I will be travelling within Canada and the USA before that time, so to renew our passports now would be inconvenient, as once we apply for a renewal, our present passports are invalid until the renewal is received.) Hope this doesn't sound too convoluted. Thank you.

If you are traveling first week of August 2016 and your passports don't expire until February 17 2017 I do not understand your concern since Feb 17 is a bit more than six months after your trip ends. So your passports are definiely good for six months regardless of the rule. And I don't think Bermuda even has a six month rule.

If you are traveling first week of August 2016 and your passports don't expire until February 17 2017 I do not understand your concern since Feb 17 is a bit more than six months after your trip ends. So your passports are definiely good for six months regardless of the rule. And I don't think Bermuda even has a six month rule.

You are right....I should have used my fingers to count! Sheesh:rolleyes:! Honest - I'm really not that stupid, just too much on my mind. Thank you.