Need some info on Latino entertainment on Getaway vs. Escape..

big al

Hi guys & gals- I am considering cruising on either the Getaway or the Escape next Nov. 2017..I am a cruise agent and have toured both the Getaway & Escape..loved both, but slightly preferred the Escape ..here is my problem: my wife is from Peru and her sister & hubby are going to come with us, but speak no/ very little English..we usually cruise on RCI with them because they have Boleros Latin club which has Salsa & Merengue music each night..

A friend just got off the Getaway that I booked him on and his wife is from Mexico..he said that "Burn The Floor" was terrific ( I have heard that from a lot), and that were latin combos on several other nights on the Getaway...my question is what ship has more latin entertainment in terms of music, comedy, shows, etc., for my sister-in- law? Has anybody been on both and can compare? Any opinions, tips, info on this topic would be greatly appreciated...

Big Al

I have sailed the Getaway and saw Burn the Floor. I wouldn't classify any entertainment as Latino focused in the way you're group will prefer. I'm sure they'll find service in their language without an issue and there may even be a pool side or atrium band once or twice, but there were not Spanish language or Latino culture based events that I recall. There was reggae or island based entertainment.

The one other thing if Burn the Floor is a huge part of your decision or plans for booking, think again. NCL has shown a propensity to change entertainment. With your cruise over a year away they could easily make that change and your plans could really look like a bad idea.

I didn't spend time in the club on the Getaway, but with a DJ I'm sure your group could get them to play some Latin music but it won't be an evening full of just that music.

We loved our time on the Getaway and are looking forward to the Escape at the end of August.